Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Married two months ago

Default Married two months ago

I married 2 months ago and I will apply an EOI after 3 months. In the web site says that we need to live at least 12 months after getting married. The time when I apply an EOI and if that selected even I receive ITA, my partnership surely less than 12 months. Any one experiences the case like this ??

Quote Originally Posted by yohanken View Post
    I married 2 months ago and I will apply an EOI after 3 months. In the web site says that we need to live at least 12 months after getting married. The time when I apply an EOI and if that selected even I receive ITA, my partnership surely less than 12 months. Any one experiences the case like this ??
    Please check the posts on partnerships.
    INZ is actually not interested in marriages as such - or their certificates. They want evidence of a genuine partnership. One requirement is generally living together for a period of at least 12 months.

You won't be able to add your wife onto your EOI because, as Ralf says, you have to have 12 months' proof of living together for that. HOWEVER, INZ are very humane about getting partners to where they want to be, and your route will be here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm to begin with. That page and the links off it will tell you what you need to do to get your wife a partner-sponsored Temporary Work Permit (send the things to your CO so they can be dealt with alongside your application). That will then be able to be renewed until you have the twelve months together, and then you can get her her own Residence visa.

You can now add your partner to your EOI, even if you haven't been living together for 12 months - see Rule R2.1.15.5 What happens if the partnership is considered to be genuine and stable but is less than the 12 months required? which says:

R2.1.15.5 What happens if the partnership is considered to be genuine and stable but is less than the 12 months required?

a. If an immigration officer is satisfied the principal applicant and partner included in the application are living together in a partnership that is genuine and stable, but the duration of that partnership is less than the 12 months required, then:

i. in any case where the grant of a residence class visa to a principal applicant is reliant on the relationship with or attributes of their partner the application must be declined under residence instructions; or

ii. in any case where the grant of a residence class visa to a principal applicant is not reliant on the relationship with or attributes of their partner the immigration officer may proceed with processing the principal applicant for the residence class visa but defer the final decision on the partner to enable the qualifying period to be met.

b. If a partner's application for a residence class visa has been deferred as described in (a)(ii) above they may be granted a work visa (once an application has been made) for a period sufficient to enable the qualifying period to be met and any further assessment of their residence class visa application to be completed (see WF2.20).

Oh, thanks for that, Jo Jo - that's a new one on me. I will read, mark and learn!

Thx a lot friends. How should we prove that we are living together ?

Quote Originally Posted by yohanken View Post
    Thx a lot friends. How should we prove that we are living together ?
    As written before there are lots of posts (threads) within this forum and INZ web site provides the basis of it.

Use the Search button on the blue bar above.

I am at the same situation as you. I just married three months ago. I submitted my EOI two weeks ago. I got select now. I guess that my wife will issue a work visa if I will get a residence visa.

If you are issued with a residence visa, you can apply for a work visa for your wife. This is a separate visa application and is not automatically linked to you being approved for residence.

Shawn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast