Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shipping companies - agghhhhhhhh

Ditto! But I've been in the US for so long that when I'm in NZ, people ask, 'is this your first trip to New Zealand'? They think I'm Canadian. But in the US I can't open my mouth without someone asking where I'm from. I'm a woman without a country.

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post
    I'm a woman without a country.
    I'm going to quote this the next time someone asks me where I'm from!

Amy.

I just received another email from Chris at Crown:

Correct me if I am wrong, I get the impression that you are thinking we are packing and loading for you in the container.

Please note we do not pack and load, our quote does not include any packing and loading.

You are the shipper ( not us ), we are merely the freight forwarder that handles the transportation of your shipment from Sedona, AZ to Auckland, NZ.

I thought I wasn't allowed to pack my own things. Does anyone have
    experience with this? Thanks.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

We had a complete packing and loading, and unpacking (allegedly - that's a whole other story!) service with Allied. I think the self-packing may only be an issue for insurance purposes, e.g. making your premium higher. Obviously the cost of a packing service is a lot more expensive as you have a crew there for the whole day. We had four guys pack our US house up and it took them from around 8.30am to 4/5pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Manks View Post
    We had a complete packing and loading, and unpacking (allegedly - that's a whole other story!) service with Allied. I think the self-packing may only be an issue for insurance purposes, e.g. making your premium higher. Obviously the cost of a packing service is a lot more expensive as you have a crew there for the whole day. We had four guys pack our US house up and it took them from around 8.30am to 4/5pm.
    Allied gave me a strange quote that I couldn't understand. The rep said the quote was not by weight - that I would share a container and that it would cost $200 for every 100 lbs. Quote for a 20' container: close to US$ 10,000.

Were you happy with Allied?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123