Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shipping companies - agghhhhhhhh

That's awesome news, Dell! They did a great job for us last time :-) I'd now suggest getting in touch with 'Conroys' in Auckland http://www.conroy.co.nz/conroy_removals_auckland.html
    They handled all aspects of getting our belongings from the port of Auckland to our home in Titirangi (they unloaded everything into our house, but didn't unpack our boxes for us). I think their fee was around $1700 NZD, but I can't find the documentation to get an exact figure.

Amy.

To transport my 5 cubic metres from Santa Cruz, Tenerife to Auckland
    I have been quoted NZ$3600 from NZ shippers (I used in the past) I need to transport the boxes from my home to Santa Cruz a distance of 30 mins drive & storage in bond NZ$22.50 week
    Quote from local shippers in Tenerife €1,125 includes collection from my home to Auckland port (I pay all charges from there) they quoted €120 a month for storage.
    An English company quoted 3,500 pound sterling for same.

Apparently Crown will only see my shipment through customs in Auckland, then I have to use a local shipping company - so thanks, Auskiwi, for the recommendation. Will contact Conroy.

I got a quote from Conroy's today - $2645 to deal with customs, reload our stuff into their container and deliver everything to a rural address in Waiuku (Frankin District - about 45 mins south of Auckland). That included unloading the container into our house.

Our $1700 quote was to West Auckland (Titirangi), so this quote seems realistic, seeing as the container is being transported further away from the port this time.

Amy.
    Last edited by auskiwi; 19th April 2011 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by auskiwi View Post
    I got a quote from Conroy's today - $2645 to deal with customs, reload our stuff into their container and deliver everything to a rural address in Waiuku (Frankin District - about 45 mins south of Auckland). That included unloading the container into our house.

Our $1700 quote was to West Auckland (Titirangi), so this quote seems realistic, seeing as the container is being transported further away from the port this time.

Amy.
    I thought Crown cleared the shipment through customs but after reading my quote properly, I see that it doesn't. Auskiwi, have you entertained the thought of clearing it through customs yourself? Wondering how complicated it is to do this....

This is my quote:

Quote: US$4350.00 per 20ft container ( Door Sedona, AZ to Port of Auckland, New Zealand )

Quote includes the following:
    1. Export Documentation ( Shipper’s Export Declarations and Ocean Bill of Lading )

2. Export Handling Fee

3. Inland Drayage of container to and from your door in Sedona, AZ

4. U.S. port charges as well as wharfage fee

5. Ocean transportation to arrival port of Auckland, New Zealand

Quote is from your door in Sedona, AZ to arrival port of Auckland, New Zealand

Live load, that is, you will have 2 free hours to load the container at your door in Sedona, AZ. Beyond the 2 free hours, a waiting time of US$55.00 per hour applies.

Quote does not include destination’s customs clearance, duties and taxes, and is subject to destination charges payable in local currency and any destination regulations for this commodity/shipment.
    ----------

Does your second quote include unpacking boxes or just unloading?

Many thanks!

Here is our Conroys Quote. Looks like they cover 'normal' customs charges in their quote (not commercial or 'formal') - though we will need to pay any duty or tax (on new items for example) or any custom inspection fees (different to quarantine inspection fees, which are included).

SERVICE INCLUDES:

-Normal Customs & Quarantine clearance
    -Transfer from port to our depot Auckland airport
    -Unloading into our bonded warehouse-Directly onto our own container
    Return empty container to terminal
    Setting aside quarantine items
    Payment quarantine inspection fees
    ---Adding items as inspected by quarantine to container
    -Delivery to residence Waiuku
    -Placement effects into delivery residence (*we unpack boxes)

SERVICE EXCLUDES

-THC / NVOCC charges / ITF fees (if not prepaid) $625
    -Customs duty / tax
    -Customs inspection
    -Commercial / formal customs clearance
    -Quarantine treatment fees
    -Demurrage & detention
    -Storage & storage handling
    -Bad access delivery
    -Delivery above GROUND floor & split deliveries
    -Piano / safe handling
    -Reassembly of flat pack & kit set furniture

*added by me :-)

AusKiwi, going by your name, I'm assuming you are also a NZ citizen? I was told by the NZ Embassy that as a NZ citizen, we don't pay any duty, except on new items. Do you have any info on this?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post
    AusKiwi, going by your name, I'm assuming you are also a NZ citizen? I was told by the NZ Embassy that as a NZ citizen, we don't pay any duty, except on new items. Do you have any info on this?
    Thanks.
    As a rule it is correct, however...

You have resided or lived outside New Zealand for the whole of the 21 months before the date of your arrival in New Zealand
    ...for this to be valid.

Full details found at When no customs charges apply

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    As a rule it is correct, however...

...for this to be valid.

Full details found at When no customs charges apply

Ian
    No problems there! I've been living outside NZ for a long long time.
    Thanks for the info!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post
    AusKiwi, going by your name, I'm assuming you are also a NZ citizen?
    Actually I am an Australian by birth, although I was raised in NZ. I also have US citizenship by decent through my father. Whenever I am asked where I am from, I say "New Zealand". It is where I spent most of my life and the type of accent I have (which is the reason most people ask me where I am from anyway!)

It wasn't until I moved to the US that I realized how important being a kiwi citizen has become to me - now I can't wait to be back in NZ for long enough to become an official 'kiwi'.

Amy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast