Thread: Immigration New Zealand Operational Manual

Lightbulb Immigration New Zealand Operational Manual

A valuable source for many questions is Immigration New Zealand Operational Manual; the latest update was on 01 Apr 2011.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...al/default.htm

There are two options now:
    1. online http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/index.htm
    2. pdf files (9 different files)

Individual titles are:
    Administration, Temporary Entry, Border Entry, Compliance, Transit Visas, Refugees and Protection, Residence, Appendices & Glossary of Terms

ty ralf
    oh, and after zillions of pages I need to read they dare to ask me to take ielts test

It's an excellent source of information - found the stuff about being able to get a second MAs opinion in this - something the CO neglected to tell us about when we got the initial rejection from first MA

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Appy View Post
    ty ralf
    oh, and after zillions of pages I need to read they dare to ask me to take ielts test

In fairness most people don't need to read the Ops Manual. It's there so that if you want to see the process followed by the person reviewing your application, and in the case of issues shows you how secondary checks and appeals would be viewed. However in the case of appeals then there are other documents written more clearly to help you.

But perhaps it's best not to read it. What amazes me is that in the last 18 months I've never seen anyone who's read it in detail posting to complain they've got their visa when policy 16.4.3.2.8 says they shouldn't have. Seems bad luck just befalls those that read it

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    In fairness most people don't need to read the Ops Manual. It's there so that if you want to see the process followed by the person reviewing your application, and in the case of issues shows you how secondary checks and appeals would be viewed. However in the case of appeals then there are other documents written more clearly to help you.

But perhaps it's best not to read it. What amazes me is that in the last 18 months I've never seen anyone who's read it in detail posting to complain they've got their visa when policy 16.4.3.2.8 says they shouldn't have. Seems bad luck just befalls those that read it
    In recent weeks there have been quite a few posts here where forumites were either referred to or referred themselves to this manual.
    So I deemed it prudent to direct the attention to the fact of an update.

Oh quite, good resource to post. I was jsut replying to the point that you don't NEED to read it, and then a tongue in cheek comment on the way it's most useful for those that are not initially successful, rather than as a starting point for everyone. Just didn't want to scare people away, and also to note that there are more 'plain english' (and other language?) guides intended for use by applicants as opposed to that which is intended for internal use.