Thread: New Zealand Defence Force

Question New Zealand Defence Force

Is there anyone on here who enlisted into the NZDF as an overseas applicant?

I had my interview at NZ House yesterday with an Army Recruiter, all went well and as a consequence he will be recommending me.

If there are others on here, what have your experiences been?

No one?

Well, no...but I am very curious to hear how this turns out for you. I have a son who is considering enlistment and I'm wondering how difficult it might be to get in. Good luck and keep us posted - hopefully someone here has some experience and you'll get a helpful answer.

I don't remember anyone posting on this subject before. Maybe we have a lurker somewhere, who will come out into the daylight with some information - please?

The " Corbishley's " son joined the NZ Army after they got here is about all I know.

Might be worth a PM

Quote Originally Posted by saltybroad View Post
    I have a son who is considering enlistment and I'm wondering how difficult it might be to get in.
    I am currently a serving soldier in the British Army , 25 years now, so the process is different from a normal enlistment.

Unless your son has current or previous military experience he will have to go through the whole recruitment process which, will entail him travelling to NZ.

With mil experience all I had to do was:
    Complete an online application form.
    Provide 3x copies of military service paperwork, 97 pages per copy.
    Then I was invited to attend an interview at NZ House London.

Hopefully, I will receive a provisional job offer soon. This will be followed by medical (not an immigration medical) and gaining the required security clearances.