Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Married to Ex Pat Kiwi - experiences?

Default Married to Ex Pat Kiwi - experiences?

Hi All,

I have my medical on Friday, police reports back etc. and once I get the medical information, all ready to go for the residence Visa. My application will be in by the first week of May.

I am married to a New Zealander who is an Ex-Pat (here on a UK residence visa actually), i.e. has been out NZ for 2 years. Now I know from the NZ/London official site they "fast track" these - i.e. apply a provider asap -and also that they look more sympathetic on medicals etc.

Looking at the NZ advice (and others on here) I know my BMI is under the requirement and dropping daily, plus my waist is reducing (even if it's slightly over I have my fasting bloods - as will fast on the day), plus I am clearly working to reduce and have the right attitude, so now feeling confident.

I have resigned at work giving 3 months notice, so leave at the end of June. I'll then stay with my parents for a fortnight (to spend some time with them).

Is it reasonable to expect that, if there's no requirement for a waiver, that my Visa will be turned around by mid July - i.e. 2.5 months - given I am married to an ex-pat? What experience have others had? Any advice most gratefully received!

Also married to a Kiwi who'd been living in the UK for 15 years with me. Look at my time line below.

Hi,

My OH is applying under partnership and we lodged on 4th December 2010. The CO requested repeat blood tests on 29th March and we are still waiting for a doctor's appointment to find out the results and send them back. We are not in a hurry and didn't convey any urgency to INZ in London but it shows that this category of application can still slip beyond the 1-3 month target time. Having said that a lot of people seem to go through without a hitch in around a month like April above. It is when the medical gets referred to an MA that things can slow down a bit. It can't do any harm to ask them to prioritise your application even if it is meant to be a priority already. Best of Luck!!

Tim

Hey - mine was only about 2 weeks! But I think I got lucky with my CO as my bloods weren't great and I do have a genetic disorder that I thought they'd query - but sailed through no problem.

Sorry April stand corrected. I'm just jealous.

I was so lucky I know - made me feel really bad for those that have to wait for so long - but it also made me very grateful for the privilege of being able to move here, hence made me more determined to make it work no matter what.

As it happens, we're very happy here, so perhaps it was just meant to be.

I'm married to a New Zealander too. We came back after 10yrs away. My application took 3 months, including the referral to the MA. But, my OH had gone out ahead of me to start his new job, and we highlighted this in our application. Don't know if the fact that OH had left to start his job speeded up the process for me, but I got here!

Good luck with the application.

Hiya

I'm an ex-pat Kiwi and it took 5 weeks from submission to approval for my partner's Residency application via London Office. This included a referral to the MA and repeat blood-tests.
    However, we did speed things up by sorting out the repeat bloods before we were asked for them because we knew his original ones were a bit skewed due to a bout of swine flu and pneumonia just before the medical exam.

Good luck with your application!

I am married to an expat kiwi and very recently had my partnership application approved. See my timelines below which include an MA referral.

Mark

Mine took months - see timeline - but we always knew the MA would be involved :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast