Thread: BMI and Waist Size Requirments with Pregnancy?

ZombieDraxx Guest

Default BMI and Waist Size Requirments with Pregnancy?

How does the BMI and Waist Size requirements work with pregnancy?

They can't really consider the normal standards fair, right?

My wife and I were told that you cannot pass the medical while pregnant because they want to wait and be sure the baby is okay before granting residence. I hope that this is not the case but it is the advice we were given by an immigration agent.

You could use the INZ 'contact us' email service to ask them directly.

My wife was 29 weeks pregnant at her medical and the doctor laughed at the waist measurement and wrote she was pregnant on the form and left it at that. NZ immigration told us to apply whilst pregnant but we are still waiting for it to be approved.

ZombieDraxx Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keeweechris View Post
    My wife was 29 weeks pregnant at her medical and the doctor laughed at the waist measurement and wrote she was pregnant on the form and left it at that.

NZ immigration told us to apply whilst pregnant but we are still waiting for it to be approved.
    Glad to hear.

Kind of what I expected.

We'll already be in NZ if this situation happens. Just don't want extra worry about it if I'm over there on a WHV and apply for a work permit and have my wife denied because of something silly like this.

They won't take waist / weight into consideration while pregnant and they also waive the chest Xray requirement for pregnant applicants.

I haven't heard of people being refused until after delivery;

I have heard of people being asked to pay for maternity care if their visa doesn't entitle them to free care in the public system.