Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INZ phone interview-spouse needed?

Default INZ phone interview-spouse needed?

our email said "you and your wife available" in reference to the proposed phone interview for our smc application (interview as there isn't a job offer)

are we supposed to be on two phones so we do the interview together? he is the principal applicant...do i just listen and add words of encouragement/niceties or do i get on the phone after for my own mini interview??? what is the spouse's experience of the phone interview???

thanks for any experience shared!

Hi. My wife and I just had our phone interview on Tuesday. As the primary applicant they mostly just spoke to me but they asked me to pass the phone to my wife so they could ask her a few questions specific to her.

thanks for this

could you give me an idea of what type of questions she was asked?

Hi there,

You both need to be around at time of phone interview... if you have a speaker phone function just pop it on that... worked a treat for us.

There have been old threads about interviews which mention what the spouse was asked - a search should bring them up. I think I remember it was mainly to do with settling in herself (under various headings), and therefore supporting the principal applicant, not being a drain.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    There have been old threads about interviews which mention what the spouse was asked - a search should bring them up.
    I agree with JandM. If you search on the forum, you'll find lots of posts for INZ interview. INZ interviews are focused to judge if you and your partner are serious about your move and have done a study of NZ work, lifestyle, places etc..

Hi

I am the spouse of the principal applicant and we had our phone interview 3 weeks ago (and still waiting for a result!). Our CO spoke mainly to my OH, but I was asked about my plans and what sort of work I intended to look for. I had also researched the education system alot and when she got to that part my OH handed the phone to me as being more knowledgeable. So yes, your wife does need to be around and you both need to be 'singing from the same hymn sheet'.

Hope that helps

update----> Approved!
    i wasn't needed during the interview after all
    OH interviewed at 6 AM and by 10 AM our online status had changed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast