Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying sports shoes in Auckland

Default Buying sports shoes in Auckland

Hi,

Does anyone know any company that stocks up old models of sport shoes in Auckland? I've looked at Shoe Clinic and Rebel. They stock up latest models. Thanks.

Looking forward to answers on this one too.

OH and I both needed new - 2 pairs each as we prefer to roate pairs and do quite high distances. So $1000. Negotiated a fair discount on this, but was still $800. There is import duty on shoes over here, and so they are going to be more expensive all round. I think a lot of people tend to import them and accept the duty when it arrives, or if you can get them very cheap you may be under the threshold for GST / Duty.

There are a couple of discount shops at Dressmart in Onehunga but I can't remember which brands they are. I'm pretty sure one is Asics though. I know for sure it's not Brooks as that's my preferred running shoe so I tend to buy two pairs at once from the US. Costs the same as one pair here (usually get a promotion for $10 off second pair).

Dressmart is a good place to go for most clothing items.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Decent running shoes are ridiculously overpriced here, I always find it easier to order over the net (UK). So long as you ok with a particular model, there's no worries about size if you have had them before.
    Otherwise it's the rare chance of a local shop selling them at a decent discount in the sales, it's rare (for the popular models), though I did get a pair of the Asics 2130s in Taupo at reasonable price a couple of years ago.

I think the point of the question has been missed... Not sure which brand(s) you're seeking but the Adidas and Nike shops often sell retro shoes.

In Auckland Smiths Sports Shoes are good, or if you are able to wait for the right moment, Rebel sometimes have a 25% off deal.

Gran

Quote Originally Posted by Bozeman View Post
    I think the point of the question has been missed... Not sure which brand(s) you're seeking but the Adidas and Nike shops often sell retro shoes.
    Any of the major brands as long as it's not the latest model. I bought a pair of Mizuno running shoes (the latest model) from Amazon after looking at Shoe Clinic, Rebel Sports and Shoe Science. Average price was NZD299.00 in NZ. After currency conversion & shipping from US, it cost me approx NZD230.00.

I want to buy a 2nd pair for my gym workout as I want to reserve my Mizuno for running. Therefore, I don't mind buying an older model. I should have bought it when I was in Sydney 2 weeks ago. Some shop along George St was selling old models at a "buy 1 get 1 free" i.e. New Balance was selling at AUD99.

Quote Originally Posted by Manks View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Not sure whereabouts in NZ you are, but GrabOne has a deal today for Auckland's Shoe Science, where you get $100 voucher for $50 in case that helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast