Thread: Mechanical Engineer- Project/ Programme Management

Default Mechanical Engineer- Project/ Programme Management

Hello,

Looking for a position for a Professional Engineer (Mechanical) with almost 10 years of project management experience in large civil construction projects. Absolutely flexible as to location.

Anyone have tips/leads?

Quote Originally Posted by saltybroad View Post
    Hello,

Looking for a position for a Professional Engineer (Mechanical) with almost 10 years of project management experience in large civil construction projects. Absolutely flexible as to location.

Anyone have tips/leads?
    What about the usual suspects like IPENZ (our professional) engineering organisation), SEEK and newspapers?

Of course there are not too many large projects here. The centres will provide the majority in this category.

There's not that many large companies in NZ that do that, and smaller ones won't of course do the large projects. It's a fairly simple task to find those companies ia the web, and then you need to work out the best way to approach them. However, there's uncertainty in the market at the moment. Obviously ChCh will need people with those sort of skills later this year, but elsewhere the market is softening.

We're hitting the "usual suspects" pretty hard...but I figured why not post here too? Networking is king in NZ, yes? (insert smiley here, I've got no emoticons!)

Quote Originally Posted by saltybroad View Post
    We're hitting the "usual suspects" pretty hard...but I figured why not post here too? Networking is king in NZ, yes? (insert smiley here, I've got no emoticons![sic ])
    Good on you!

All the best; will keep my eyes open, too.

Much appreciated!