Thread: Where to stay in Chch in the near future

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Default Where to stay in Chch in the near future

We'd booked a weekend in Chch before the quake struck, and I determined to still go and see the city (not been and now won't be making it for the World Cup either). We're going for the Queen's Birthday weekend.

Not looking for anything plush, just a reasonably priced hotel/motel or just let me know some good areas to stay in and I'll do me own research Just a good base to explore the area from. We'll have a rental car so getting around should be easy. No major plans except to do the Antarctic Centre and Air Force Museum (Mr Manks is a bit of a buff!).

Most of the motels/hotels on the west side are mainly unaffected but may be full of those helping in the recovery.

Sure we could put you up for one night , do have a pretty good Indian in Rangiora

I know from people visiting us that accomodation space is quite limited. It can be a fight to get some speaking to people visiting the office at the moment, and from others in the office who needed accomodation for various reasons. Some even ended up on Woodend.
    Chez Ben and Clare would be very nice though!!!

The pub opposite our place has just tarted up into a gastropub (I recommend the lamb shanks or pork belly nomnomnomnom) and changed its name from the Halswell Tavern to Craythornes (its original name, apparently).

They're also building an accommodation block next door. They haven't advertised when they expect it to be ready, let alone rates and how to book, but I can certainly check it out if you like

If you're looking for something to do, I recommend Adrenaline Forest.

Went a few weeks ago and had a great time.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Quote Originally Posted by Twunky View Post
    If you're looking for something to do, I recommend Adrenaline Forest.

Went a few weeks ago and had a great time.
    Thanks - we've been to the Porirua/Wellington one so we might give that a miss - felt like I'd gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson afterwards!!

Anyway, we're staying on Bealey Avenue - got a hotel doing a special deal for $99 a night over Queen's birthday (and Fly Buys!) so decided to stay there.

We stayed on Bealey when we first arrived. Hagley Park is fantastic for a walk if it is dry. If you want to see road cones and containers come to the eastern hill suburbs, potholes are prevalent in the eastern suburbs, bricks and glass in the four avenues boundaries...

Hope that you have a good weekend....we are off to Cromwell, for some hopefully still nights!