Thread: Partner work visa

Default Partner work visa

Hi all,
    Hopefully (fingers crossed) I will obtain a tempoary work visa shortly. After a short while, my wife will be joining me in NZ. Am i right in saying that she will be able to apply for an equivalent work visa under the Family Stream?

Does anyone know if this means she will HAVE to work and that this work will have to be full time? As far as I understood it, the work visa would not have the employer named on it and it would give her the 'right' to work in NZ but does this necessarily mean she has to be in full time work?

Thanks for your help in advance.

M

I am not sure about all details, but what about an extended visitors visa?

Hi Ralf. She is planning on coming out for a long while and eventually we will try for residency but i think it will be too long for an extended visa. Do you know what the longest visitor visa you can get is, if from the UK?

She would like to work, but only 3/4 days a week.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by daviesmw View Post
    Hi Ralf. She is planning on coming out for a long while and eventually we will try for residency but i think it will be too long for an extended visa. Do you know what the longest visitor visa you can get is, if from the UK?

She would like to work, but only 3/4 days a week.

Thanks for your help.
    It would be 24 months I think; but you are not allowed to work on a visitors visa. So back to your original question. Other forumites will know more.

Quote Originally Posted by daviesmw View Post
    Hi all,
    Hopefully (fingers crossed) Am i right in saying that she will be able to apply for an equivalent work visa under the Family Stream?
    Yes. All the details are here, and on links off this page - follow what applies to you. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm

As far as I understood it, the work visa would not have the employer named on it and it would give her the 'right' to work in NZ but does this necessarily mean she has to be in full time work?
    Your understanding is correct - she would be allowed to work at any job she could get, and it would be her choice how much or how little to work.

thank you both very much for replying. That answers my questions ... great help.

M

I applied for the family stream visa based on my partner's work visa. It states that I can work anywhere in NZ and in any job and for any employer. I don't have to work and can work full time, part time, whatever. It was issued for 3 yrs - same as my partner.

Smile Hi Janice....

Quote Originally Posted by JaniceW View Post
    I applied for the family stream visa based on my partner's work visa. It states that I can work anywhere in NZ and in any job and for any employer. I don't have to work and can work full time, part time, whatever. It was issued for 3 yrs - same as my partner.
    Hi Janice.... i want to ask you something related to your situation. my wife is n 3 years work visa rightnow. so i assume that i may be granted the same amount of visa of 3 years. however, my concern is, how long did it take you to get the visa from the time of filing...? in my case, i filled my visa from new delhi. your answer to this question would be highly appreciated. i just want to have some clear pictures about it.
    Thanks & Cheers.

JaniceW hasn't posted since the middle of August, so she may not be checking on the forum regularly to see your post.

Default Hi J&M

Thanks for keeping me updated about my previous to ........... who seems to be not in touch with the forum.
    But I appreciate your sincere efforts to inform me the same.
    I am still waiting for my Immigration Officer to revert back. Haven't heard anything from her yet. It's been almost more than a month time since I filed my Work Visa Application.

Work Visa Filed on 20th September 2011
    Immigration Officer assigned on 27th September 2011
    Decision still Pending.

Anyway J&M Cheers & Thanks....