Thread: Matua, Tauranga

Default Matua, Tauranga

Hi All

We are currently renting in Papamoa but are considering of buying a property in the near(ish) future. Does anyone know if there are any areas to avoid in Matua or is it all nice?

Thanks
    Joanne

Coast side of Levers Road would be my choice, but the lack of (Vodaphone) mobile reception put us off a bit. Also we were just looking to rent, and there are few (high quality) rental places there as they are mostly owned. We really liked it over there, and I can still see us thinking about there when we come to buy.

Thanks Duncan.

Had a feeling that was the case. The house we have seen is off Levers Rd but away from the coast

Hey, if you like it then what's it matter? Obviously you get more for your money on the other side.

We stayed on Percival Avenue in Matua on our reccie - all seemed very nice around there, round the corner from the beach/playing fields - my pic by my name is of the sunset over the hills you can see from there - my favourite pic from the trip.

Obviously only had a short time there, but for what it's worth it seemed a pleasant place to settle, and close enough to town etc.

Thanks, Percival Avenue looks like a great location!

We'll keep looking I think, maybe spend a bit more time there and ask around. No real rush and want to be completely happy with location we pick as hoping not to have to move again!