Thread: Are you "thriving" in New Zealand? 63% of people are, according to Gallup

Question Are you "thriving" in New Zealand? 63% of people are, according to Gallup

Gallup carried out surveys last year. They published the results a couple of days ago.

The ten countries with the highest percentages of "thriving" people (as opposed to "struggling" or "suffering") were:

Denmark 72% thriving
    Sweden 69%
    Canada 69%
    Australia 65%
    Finland 64%
    Venezuela 64%
    Israel 63%
    New Zealand 63%
    Netherlands 62%
    Ireland 62%

You can find the percentages "thriving" in other countries here:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147167/Hi...Worldwide.aspx

(Place your computer's mouse arrow over the countries on Gallup's map to get the percentages.)

Venezuela - WOW!!!

What about Norway and Iceland?

Quote Originally Posted by ralf-nz View Post
    Venezuela - WOW!!!

What about Norway and Iceland?
    Latin America is booming as whole but I'm surprised at Venezuala. I was just there and the country still has a massive level of poverty that isn't seen in Panama or even Columbia (which is a beautiful country, just stay out of the northern jungles).

But to answer ENZ's question, we are all doing pretty well here and thankfully my family still in the US are "thriving" as well.

Dan

I think the 63% figure will drop if they factor the earthquake hits in Christchurch. It's so significant that Christchurch has put a major strain on the NZ gov'ts fiscal budgeting.

I'm pretty surprised at Ireland too considering it's economy and especially with the mass exodus leaving for a better life.
    I suspect this poll was taken before the proverbial hit the fan. I'd be interested to see where Ireland would lie in the table if the poll was taken today.

I'd like to see the control questions. My company uses Gallup and they use the same questions to gauge customer satisfaction across many companies. as always, this depends on the recipients of the survey, the questions asked to arrive at the conclusion based against a control group. that data isnt released so its tricky to be qualitative.