Thread: Work Experience assessment

Default Work Experience assessment

First Question:
    I have Bachelor of electrical engineer of 5 years ,but without work experience...will they assess this as Bachelor (level 7) without assessing expeience?

Second Question:
    My secondry Certificate in Arabic and they want original one........
    can i translate it and then certify.....or send original arabic one with translated copy????????
    Last edited by Anestasy; 22nd April 2011 at 12:33 AM.

hi there,
    iam electrical Engineer too, i think you can request english certificate from ur university, i did that in Jordan and got english certificate and scripts. if not i would suggest you traslate the certificate with authorised translator and attach it to ur origional arabic certificate.
    NZQA will asses the certificate without work experience but the issue that if you have no work experience and ur university is not Washington accord nor APEC accreditted you will not get any points for qualification in LTSSL and no bonus points for experience in absolute shortage skill, without these points i doubt that you can get more than 100 points in total.

Hi Mamoun,
    thanks for ur reply,,but i don`t find any difficult to get my university Certificate in English
    the problem in my secondary School Certificate................
    But are u sure that i can get Bachelor level 7 without any experience?

the level 7 is for your degree has nothing to do with experience, for high school certificate i also got english copy from ministry of education in Jordan, otherwise translate it.
    make sure of points calculations before u pay for EOI

thank you Mamoun For your help

NZQA has nothing do with u r work experience. They only assess u r qualifications I think. Once I call them to clarify my work experience is relevant to qualification, they asked me to call NZ migration.

Anestasy, hello and welcome.