Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you point me to any negative posts about New Zealand?

Default Can you point me to any negative posts about New Zealand?

I've read some by eassae. But I'd like to hear other people's complaints as well. Its good to get a well rounded view of a place before you move. Thanks

It won't be all complaints, because people leave NZ for reasons that are personal to them, not only for things they don't like about the country, but you could have a look on the 'Leaving New Zealand' forum of the site. http://www.enz.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Thanks, I looked through there a bit. Didn't find much but i'll keep looking. I've got a lot of time.

expatexposed.com

Many of the people there have really been burned in someway, and I would say that the things they have experienced don't necessarily have to do with NZ, but there are many post that do bring up real issues that are specific to living in NZ.
    Last edited by eassae; 23rd April 2011 at 05:34 AM.

Hi Rasa,

You won't get a balanced view on expatexposed. It is basically a complaint forum for those that have a real axe to grind about New Zealand for a variety of reasons. It is so diametrically opposed to what you read on this forum that libya will seem desirable in comparison.

No offense meant to any forumites from Libya

Quote Originally Posted by Origems View Post
    Hi Rasa,

You won't get a balanced view on expatexposed. It is basically a complaint forum for those that have a real axe to grind about New Zealand for a variety of reasons. It is so diametrically opposed to what you read on this forum that libya will seem desirable in comparison.

No offense meant to any forumites from Libya
    It's about as balanced as the view you get on ENZ. On both you have to decide for yourself what sounds reasonable to you, which means both are equally as helpful when trying to decide whether or not to move to NZ. By equally, I mean not helpful at all, because most people have already made their decision, and are looking for information that validates that decision. It's something you just have to experience.

Quote Originally Posted by eassae View Post
    It's about as balanced as the view you get on ENZ. On both you have to decide for yourself what sounds reasonable to you, which means both are equally as helpful when trying to decide whether or not to move to NZ. By equally, I mean not helpful at all, because most people have already made their decision, and are looking for information that validates that decision. It's something you just have to experience.
    So how about if you are a recent immigrant to New Zealand and you are going through tough times and contemplating packing it in and returning to your country of origin. I think it is pretty safe to say that you would get some useful and balanced opinions on your predicament from ENZ members and likewise completely negative and partisan feedback from expatexposed.

It seems a wild assumption that most people are just after validation and are not affected by the extreme negativity of expatexposed.

Just received an email from a Brit who has been living in NZ for 7 years:

"Yes, the weather is cooling down but it's still lovely when the suns out, but then New Zealand is lovely whatever the weather"

He's never had a negative thing to say about life in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Origems View Post
    So how about if you are a recent immigrant to New Zealand and you are going through tough times and contemplating packing it in and returning to your country of origin. I think it is pretty safe to say that you would get some useful and balanced opinions on your predicament from ENZ members and likewise completely negative and partisan feedback from expatexposed.

It seems a wild assumption that most people are just after validation and are not affected by the extreme negativity of expatexposed.
    How much time have you spent on either forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post
    He's never had a negative thing to say about life in NZ.
    I'll assume your friend isn't in a persistent vegetive state, probably read The Secret one to many times, but a fully functioning human none the less?

Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast