Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Far-right group plans Auckland anti-Asian march

Default Far-right group plans Auckland anti-Asian march

A far-right Christchurch group is planning a "massive anti-Asian rally" in Queen St after its recruiting drive in Auckland, its leader, Kyle Chapman, told the Herald yesterday.

The Right Wing Resistance is handing out flyers in areas with high Asian population, such as Pakuranga, Howick and Northcote, claiming an Asian invasion is taking place.

Mr Chapman, a former National Front leader, said the drive was to recruit "like-minded Kiwis" to organise the rally, which the group plans to stage before the general election on November 26.

He said the Resistance was against mass Asian immigration, because Asian migrants "stole jobs" and "destroyed white New Zealand culture and heritage".

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10724994
    Last edited by IanW99; 12th May 2011 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Copyright infringement

is this the first time something like this is happening?

I'm very sorry to hear this is happening.

I don't know if this is the first time.

How incredibly sad and ignorant. Unfortunately it seems that there is nowhere left in the world where some sort of prejudice and hate is not present. How easily these people forget that all of us around the world are "migrants" in one sense or another. America was taken from the Native Americans, Canada - First Nation peoples, NZ - Maori's .... the list could go on and on.
    I live in a part of America where the KKK still try to raise its ugly head every once in a while!!!
    Hopefully one day our children will live in a world devoid of issues like this - wishful thinking I fear.

quite an extreme behaviour

so bad to hear that politicians are using such issue for election and gathering votes

Best thing to do is to let them march and make sure that people are lined up on the street to point and laugh at them.

You'll always get imbeciles anywhere you go - but they have a right to be idiots. The way to stop them isn't to feed their obvious insecurities but to make them aware of them by laughing at them!

Wasn't the NZ First Party under Winston Peters anti Asian? This situation does remind me of a cartoon where two American Indians are sitting on a porch. One comments to the other "I find all this anti immigration talk rather ironic."

Quote Originally Posted by fayevalentine View Post
    A far-right Christchurch group is planning a "massive anti-Asian rally" in Queen St after its recruiting drive in Auckland, its leader, Kyle Chapman, told the Herald yesterday.

The Right Wing Resistance is handing out flyers in areas with high Asian population, such as Pakuranga, Howick and Northcote, claiming an Asian invasion is taking place.

Mr Chapman, a former National Front leader, said the drive was to recruit "like-minded Kiwis" to organise the rally, which the group plans to stage before the general election on November 26.

He said the Resistance was against mass Asian immigration, because Asian migrants "stole jobs" and "destroyed white New Zealand culture and heritage".

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10724994
    Where are the (calls for) counter actions?!

Are the parties, represented in Beehive, turning a blind eye on this?

The guy was on teh news. He admitted that his leaflet was nothing more than a publicity stunt and his target areas were chosen jsut to get people to compain to Close up hence giving him 15 minutes of primetime TV and then pages of coverage in Stuff / Herald (and now here).
    As was pointed out they had 34 followers on Facebook which whilst not my forte would imply bu66er all in the grand scheme of things.
    The more people make a fuss and try to stifle his leagal right to free speech (but not to incite violence) then the more coverage he gets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast