Thread: Moon Man - You are a GOOF!

Default Moon Man - You are a GOOF!

The guy deserves to be in hiding with regard to causing unnecessary panic & fleeing and most of all, wasting precious resources.

For all that it is worth, he should at least put out an apology for his mis-predictions. Easy to make claim of fame when you've predicted right, but when you're wrong, where is the accountability?

He'll probably fly off to somewhere like Australia to start life all over again (like most baddies have done in NZ).

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4922...-death-threats

Not so much him but the media that conveyed his message. There was no need for them doing so I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf-nz View Post
    Not so much him but the media that conveyed his message. There was no need for them doing so I think.
    Quite right.

Correct me if i'm wrong but the Moon Man was telling people in Chch should be leaving.

I can understand if his thought was there was suppose to be a major quake but to go further to say that people should pack up and leave is a bit extreme from a professional point of view.

Did he go so far to tell the gov't authorities that people should be leaving?

Who would make such a call (himself or the gov't?).

I agree the NZ media is a bit of a 1 side attack.

The public should of been more informed on the likelihood of such an event like statistics to prove there's no correlation with the moon and the quakes or more specifically, why does it only apply to Chch residents?

AFAIK the government informed that there is no scientifically proven correlation of moon phases and earthquakes.

PS: Media do not inform per se they sell stories.