Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet shipping - Golden Arrow

Default Pet shipping - Golden Arrow

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to ship my dog to NZ when I move back at the end of this year. Just wondering if anyone has some recent experience with Golden Arrow? I found some old posts and they sound good, but would like to hear some recent reviews Or are there any other pet shippers you would recommend?

Unfortunately the quarantine rules are changing and she's going to have to do 10 days in quarantine

Thanks

not sure where you are but we used Whitehaven kennels in WSMare who were excellant and looked after our dog for a fortnight, does the quarantine need to be in NZ? where are you headed I can recommend a kennels in Wellington called Glenside which is run by an ex collegue

Default Any info on shipping dogs from the US?

Sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone have experience with shipping dogs from the US? Do you have to go through a company? Which airlines did you use?

Thanks.

I didn't realise the qurantine rules had changed. When we shipped our dogs to NZ in 2008 there were no rules as long as they passed all the test etc... When we returned to the UK all they had to have was rabies injections & blood tests then they were free to return to the UK. We plan to go back soon - we assumed the rules were the same. Obviously not.

I will be using them in June, just waiting to find out if the new rules will be applicable then. Will post a review

Yup new rules as of May 2 http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/enter/personal/pets

Quarantine for all countries except Australia. Quarantine has to be done in NZ.

I'll be moving to Auckland and the quarantine places there seem fine, I'm more concerned with the company that I give the actual process of shipping to.

Hagabel - I'm not entirely sure but I have a feeling you have to go through a company to get a pet to NZ.

just heard from Golden Arrow today that my dog wont have to do quarantine (hes flying end of next month) not sure when the rules change, suppose its when they get their act together but good new for me for a change!!

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
    just heard from Golden Arrow today that my dog wont have to do quarantine (hes flying end of next month) not sure when the rules change, suppose its when they get their act together but good new for me for a change!!
    Great news for you and the pooches.

Yes- I just heard from Golden Arrow also and no quarantine which I am delighted with.
    We will be using Golden Arrow as they come very highly recommended on forum.
    So much so that we will be bringing our two Westies 9 & 10 yrs old over to UK by ferry .
    Our vet here in Ireland phoned them also and he was very impressed with info he got from them.
    They leave here on 3rd June and will have final vet tests with them and fly with Air NZ on 18th June.
    Will update forum on how they get on - fingers crossed all goes well.

awww our pooches will be able to play together, we drive ours down around the 10th but he doesn't fly until the 27th. He's called Monty and is a jack russell cross

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast