Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anybody done a Home Exchange?

Default Has anybody done a Home Exchange?

Hi, Just wondered if anyone had ever done a home exchange.

We are contemplating exchanging our Auckland home next year.

Might be a chance for anyone doing a recce visit to NZ to save money on accommodation.

Well if you decide to go to Sweden, let us know and we might be able to do it I did a home exchange, but only when we were visiting the States - worked out really well and although he stayed longer in our apartment longer than we in his, we didn't mind at all. I would do it again. Always scary at the beginning when you don't know who is going to get your home, but we made sure to give our keys to some friends who live close by as well, just in case, however, had no need to ask them to do anything. Hope this helps anyway since I know when I have to do interviews for jobs (which I hope will only happen when I've holidays here as a teacher) it's so much nicer to do when you don't have to rent a hotel at the same time.

Yes, have done so many times in the Uk, very successfully. Just done first one here, also very successful. It's the way to go; why pay huge accomadation costs when you don;t need to? If you do a search no house swaps you'll see I've asked several times if anyone willing to swap with us from the forum but so far, it hasn't happened....altho' maybe in the future a few people will be happy to give it a go????

Just a follow-up; where are you hoping to swap to? Lots of the agencies seem to favour swaps between Europe and here. If you're ever interested in a more local swap, to us in sunny Cambridge, just say! We'd love to explore Auckland without paying high prices to stay somewhere!

I've done a bunch of home exchanges as well. A great way to go. The better sites provide you with a lot of forms and advice on how to make it successful.
    All best
    Susan

Hello and welcome.

I'm also thinking of a home swap but want to move from Wellington to Auckland for approximately 12 months from January 2012. Any suggestions of how I should go about finding a suitable exchange?

Another vote for home swaps! Excellent way to go. I've had great success with the three that we have done in the past.

Char- you have to pay but I've had good luck with www.homeexchange.com - been a member since 2002! GO 'nucks!!!!

Reminder: If anyone is looking- I've got a great place in Vancouver BC that is available from July 2011- Sept 2011. I'm looking for somewhere around Queenstown.

All best
    Susan

Hi Gypsy

I know your house swap post is a bit old now but we are looking for a house swap in Auckland any time from Sept 2012 onwards. We have a pretty village house in Chester UK.

Just a thought, thanks.
    Martine martineannebailey@gmail.com

Just as an afterthought: Do gypsies really have a stationary home?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast