Thread: Expired PR

Default Expired PR

I hope someone can help me to decipher this info from INZ website. We had PR (before the changes) in 2008, returned to the UK in 2009, PR & our RRV's expired in 2010. I have been looking at whether we can reactivate our PR or not and found this on INZ:
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

As our visa was before the change I am unclear what we had or what we want. Can anyone help??

You'd need to check with London, but I'm almost certain that you'll need to start from scratch with the EOI and then ITA. And you'd need new police forms and medicals at the appropriate time.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by nickydwuk View Post
    I hope someone can help me to decipher this info from INZ website. We had PR (before the changes) in 2008, returned to the UK in 2009, PR & our RRV's expired in 2010. I have been looking at whether we can reactivate our PR or not and found this on INZ:
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

As our visa was before the change I am unclear what we had or what we want. Can anyone help??
    when did your PR & our RRV's expired ( month )

and what was your last travel condition ?

As you weren't eligible for PR when the visa expired as you didn't meet the eligibility criteria in the link (correct me if I'm wrong, but you didn't/don't meet any of the 4 criteria) then there's nothing there to result in the re-issue.

Our PR visa expired in Sept 2010. From what I can make out we could apply for an extension but this wold only last until Sept 2011 (if they granted it) and as we won't be back in NZ by then we will have to go through it all again

Out of interest which bit are you reading to suggest you'll get a 12 month extension? I'm asking for future information mainly.

I was looking on this part http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm but may have misunderstood.

Although we did not meet the residency requirement (not been in NZ long enough) we did have tax status - not sure if it would have been enough though.

I hope I'm reading this wrongly, but

Note: if, under the provisions of a Double Tax Agreement (DTA), you also have tax residence status in another country, you will not be considered to have tax residence status in New Zealand for the purpose of meeting the requirements for a permanent resident visa.

New Zealand has DTAs with Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Russian Federation, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
    And I assume you had tax residence status back in the UK?

sorry to pop up here, but i have a question, since i used to live in tax free countries, what is the conditions to meet the PR renewal if you live outside the DTA countries?