Thread: How much do Food Courts cost in Auckkland? Is it easy to find casual employment?

Default How much do Food Courts cost in Auckkland? Is it easy to find casual employment?

Hi, how much does an average meal in a food court/coffee shop cost in Auckland?

Is it easy to find casual employment in Auckland on a WHV?

Such as waitering or picking fruits or receptionist kind of job?

about 10 bucks should see you right for some chow and a coffee

Quote Originally Posted by victoria24 View Post
    about 10 bucks should see you right for some chow and a coffee

How much does an average meal cost? Without drinks. What about budget meals?

I was looking at some food blogs and I just realised that food is pretty expensive in Auckland. 9 bucks for some rice and chicken meat.

Not as expensive as say..London but still pretty expensive to me.

I guess that is what you get when you have a minimum wage at 13 dollars huh.

I'd say $10 for an average meal at a foodcourt sounds about right, though you can get cheaper stuff too with sandwiches starting around $4 and you could probably get a budget meal (without a drink) for around $6 or so. That's based on what I've seen here in Auckland so far, and of course you can probably go cheaper by cooking yourself.

Can't really comment on the casual jobs market as have no experience of it myself, but have seen a few coffee shops and stores advertising for staff here.

If you're strapped for cash, you'd be better off making yourself a sandwich or some other kind of packed lunch. Eating out is never cheap.