Thread: Phd or Graduate Diploma in Computing Level 7

Default Phd or Graduate Diploma in Computing Level 7

Hello everybody!

Could somebody help me with my dilemma?
    I have received offer of place at the BOP Polytechnic, Graduate diploma in
    computing, based on my working experience.
    However, I am also planing to apply for Phd in Design history at the Victoria university of Wellington, btw I have Bachelor degree in Art\Design History, and also I am currently at postgraduate studies in Design history.

Simce my goal is to stay and work in NZ, either in the IT or education sector (if I enroll in the Phd studies), what do you think which option is better?

Thanks!

Kjovkovski I am sorry I do not know the answer to your question but I have a question for you. Do PhD studies contribute any more than a masters in NZ?

I think so, if you are planing a career as a lecturer. Three years of Phd study opposed to master could get you work permit easily. Sorry, not enough info on that.

But I guess one must experience as a lecturer too to get a work permit right?

I think this answers you question;

"Evidence students without a job offer must supply

"If you are applying under our Study to Work Category but you do not have a job offer, you will be applying for a Graduate Job Search work visa for up to 12 months. You must provide:

evidence that you have successfully completed a qualification in New Zealand that would qualify for points under the Skilled Migrant Category of Residence Instructions
    evidence that your application for a work visa has been lodged no later than three months after the end date of the student visa for that qualification
    evidence of a minimum of NZ$2,100 available to maintain yourself during your 12-month stay in New Zealand (we will accept traveller's cheques or bank documents in your name)."

here's the link;

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...y/studytowork/