Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: House pelted by eggs

Default House pelted by eggs

I've just moved to Auckland and am renting this 3 storey town house. This morning, I found dirt all over the exterior surface of my bedroom window located on the 3rd floor and thought it was bird poop. Then, I found egg shells scattered all over. Welcome to the city, eh?

That is terrible. Which area?

Quote Originally Posted by mooncalf View Post
    That is terrible. Which area?
    Never mind terrible, which part of NZ has eggs available at such a cheap price kids can afford to throw them....

And what's the R rating of egg?

Sorry to hear of this. Maybe the previous tenants upset someone and the 'egg throwers' thought they were still living at the house?

(((())))

Not at all nice

Loads of eggs along the bridge along Welly waterfront the other day, end of school?

i wouldn't assume it's a deliberate act directed at you - unless you know otherwise - it could have been a dare, it could have been target practice (I bet you can't hit that window from here), it could have been kids getting out of control, or just wilful act of vandalism - but with no knowledge or care for whose house it is.

This doesn't make it okay - but it is I think less offensive that being targetted. Kids will be kids.

take care and don't dwell on it - treat it as an isolated act and try and forget about it and don't let it diminish any aspect of your lifestyle

Hope that makes sense.

Sorry to here that Trekker, it's a real bugger to clear up as well as you've probably found out. On the plus side at least it wasn't hard boiled

We've had a spanner through the window in England which was a shock to say the least. The old bill caught the culprit and I was meant to receive a 'sorry' letter from him. Still waiting...........about six years later. Would have preferred a cheque for my insurance excess instead though

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by anothertrekker View Post
    I've just moved to Auckland and am renting this 3 storey town house. This morning, I found dirt all over the exterior surface of my bedroom window located on the 3rd floor and thought it was bird poop. Then, I found egg shells scattered all over. Welcome to the city, eh?
    As you are asking.
    Yes the answer might be partially in the question.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast