Thread: New Zealand Army

Default New Zealand Army

I just check out the website this morning, and it says if I lived in the States at least 10 years, then I qualify for joining the NZ army. I can pass the PT requirements with a little practice.Do they have an age limit for new recruits? I'm 45, but can still kick but like a 30 year old. I'm Ex-Army, ex-security guard, and ex-bar bouncer. I wrote them and asked if I qualified or not. If they accept me, will this qualify me for bringing my family there also?

Hi,

No upper age for new recruits.

http://www.armyjobs.mil.nz/applicati...s/default.aspx

If you can get a job offer and have enough points for PR then what's stopping you and your family.

Tim

Didn't get an offer, just desperate enough to go in the military to get my family out of this craphole. I only have 80 points, according to the online assessment, and my wife has 75. She has a master's degree in Chemistry, and I don't have a degree.

I wrote them, but no answer yet.

Did I read a post somewhere about buying a franchise being a 'back door' entry? Not sure if it's an option for you, but it's hard to feel so powerless, and it might be worth a look. Really hope you get there, we are all just trying to do the best for our families.

guess it doesn't matter anymore. Maybe I will come to New Zealand as a tourist in another couple years. I've decided to get divorced, and go back to the States. Hope none of you their have been harassed and hated as much as I have in this country. I will get my son out when I can get a lawyer, and get permanent custody. He has American passport too.

I'm truly sorry to hear that things haven't worked out for you and your family.

A custody battle fought in Ukraine while you are in the US is, unfortunately, likely to be frustrating and expensive. Best of luck.

No, I'm here too. That is why I'm trying to get out. I guess we are working things out. Still looking to get my family out. Been two weeks, and haven't heard from the NZ defense forces yet.