Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver Fern Application Process: whats next?!

Post Silver Fern Application Process: whats next?!

Ok!!! This thread have a very specific objective:

To have the silver fern app process as much faster and accurated as we can

Code:
    You have successfully submitted an online application for a Silver Fern Job Search visa.  To complete the application process you must send evidence to Immigration New Zealand to show that you meet the requirements to be granted a visa by Friday, 29 July 2011. You must supply the following documents:

(__) your passport

(__) a Medical and X Ray Certificate (INZ 1007). See www.immigration.govt.nz/medicalforms to download a copy of the certificate

(__) a police certificate from your country of citizenship and from any country in which you have lived for five or more years since attaining the age of 17 years

(__) evidence of the equivalent of NZ$4200 for maintenance (e.g. bank statement in your name showing current balance)

(__) evidence you meet the English Language requirements:

* a Test Report Form from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), showing an overall band score of at least 6.5 in the IELTS General or Academic Module OR

* other acceptable evidence of English language

(__) evidence you meet the qualification requirements:

* a qualification equivalent to a New Zealand Bachelor's degree (level 7) or higher OR

* a trade qualification equivalent to a New Zealand National Certificate (level 4) AND evidence of two years of relevant work experience in that trade

(__) if your qualification is not on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment (LQEA), an International Qualification Assessment from the New Zealand Qualifications Authority

(__) evidence that you hold, or you can obtain, New Zealand registration if your qualification is relevant to an occupation that requires registration by law in New Zealand.
    Money:
    ok, what about the 4200NZD? question: can i present my parents credit card resume?
    I have myself also an extention of one credit card of them.

Health:
    Remember what some fellow said about the doctors: make them sign your FORM:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...hcharacter.htm

Question: i have the nearest doctor 400km from here. Isnt there any other way to present the X rays for ex?

Passport:
    Send and original passport?

Quote Originally Posted by targetNZ View Post
    Congrats to all..
    You dont need to send the original passport....A notarized copy of your passport is good enough during the application stages..
    Very interseting point of TargetNZ. I will ask more about this!

Please submit your doubts as well vital and resourcefull info!!!

How are they going to put the visa stamp in your passport if you only send a notarised copy? I imagine things will go quicker if you send the original. It doesn't matter that you are sending your passport abroad as long as you are not planning to leave the country in a hurry

Also, I think a bank statement will do as proof of sufficient funds (this certainly works for visitor visas).

Current plan of action is:

1.) Medicals next week incl xray + blood test. ETA one week to get results back.

2.) Police certificate request sent to UK - apparently they can process it in 2 working days but I have my doubts!

3.) Include degree certificate as evidence of qualification and English Language ability.

4.) Police certificate request made to Belgium - so far I have not heard even so much as an acknowledgement from them. Has anyone else had any experience as to how long it can take to get the docs from Belgium? I reckon this will be the delaying factor.

Other than that, good to go

@kiwidream.... I sent off for a UK police certificate from Canada and received it within one week. So it IS possible... mind you, I did pay for the premium service.

haha Lucky you lilkiwi!! here its quite different (argentina):

- Police certificates take 90 days more o less! (omg, do u realize now why i wanna leave this country?). But well, because i have a friend "sheriff" at the police station, they maybe can take 2 or 3 days to giveme the paper.

- Health: i have to travel 400km, then stay some days... then wait a week for results, then wait some more days for they to send back the papers. (tons of money involved).

- Money: i have to find out if my parents credit cards can do the trick x.x or find some relative with money who cand borrow me 3.3k usd

ETA: 3 weeks! uff

Who can giveme some 'money' advises pls?

do we need to have the auithenticated copies of these requirements from our department of foreing affairs?? or notarized true copies only???

Quote Originally Posted by JuaniMDQ View Post
    haha Lucky you lilkiwi!! here its quite different (argentina):

- Police certificates take 90 days more o less! (omg, do u realize now why i wanna leave this country?). But well, because i have a friend "sheriff" at the police station, they maybe can take 2 or 3 days to giveme the paper.

- Health: i have to travel 400km, then stay some days... then wait a week for results, then wait some more days for they to send back the papers. (tons of money involved).

- Money: i have to find out if my parents credit cards can do the trick x.x or find some relative with money who cand borrow me 3.3k usd

ETA: 3 weeks! uff

Who can giveme some 'money' advises pls?
    Hey.. I'm so sorry friend...but chin up! you can do it.. as I believe you may find other people who have gone through the same process from your country either for Silver Fern or for any other NZ work visa. Its just that some countries like mine are very small so you can get most of it within maximum 30Km bus ride Police certificates for our ITA took only 1 month & 2 weeks without having any friends at police.

We will have to practice dealing with extreme distances once we cone to NZ
    Last edited by lilKiwi; 2nd May 2011 at 05:57 PM.

hehe thats true lilkiwi

NEWS NEWS:

Well after 1 hr 35 min haning on the phone.. i could talk with an immigration agent. At first i didnt understand what the frak was she saying! omg, so strange accent haha. But then i relaxed my ears and she did the same ... and we talked about this:

PASSPORT:
    Original is original, the agent said. No notarized copys for the silver fern! =S so bad, that what she told me without hessitation.

Translation:
    "any sworn translator will sufy". Pretty cool, there are many

Credit cards and the 4200nzd
    This was a surprise for me: she said "it can be ur parents credit card showing they support you".

Regarding about credit card extentions for sons and daughters
    "same case applies: present the report of your parents banks status and showing that they sponsor you".

More simple than i thought, but... how do you show that sponsorship? mm id better create my own account and deposit money with my name on it.

Ok folks, thats all for now!

How about the Bachelor's degree? Would the notarised copy suffice or do we have to send the original?

yess raregroove! a copy its enough (with the notary signature like you are saying)

Will you send the original passport?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast