Thread: Anyone here work in ANY hospital?!

Wink Anyone here work in ANY hospital?!

Sorry to steal Hagabels question
    Just looking to find out if anyone working in any of the NZ hospitals are aware if they have medical photography departments (not to be confused with radiology/imaging) - I have applied on spec to every hospital healthcare facility I can find on line so often that I am probably not far off getting a restraining order!

In fact I think I've looked at the North Shore Hospitals website so often I feel like I know the people pictured on the careers page personally

Any info greatly appreciated

Should've said or Graphic Design Dept/ Designers...................
    cheers

Not sure if this helps, but a fair few patients come through with photos of eyes / noses / jaws etc taken by a medical photography department so they must exist! Have never looked to see if our DHB has one of it's own or whether we send everyone requiring pics down to Christchurch though.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by KatieBen View Post
    Not sure if this helps, but a fair few patients come through with photos of eyes / noses / jaws etc taken by a medical photography department so they must exist! Have never looked to see if our DHB has one of it's own or whether we send everyone requiring pics down to Christchurch though.
    Thanks for that! Was beginning to think that no-one here worked in a hospital!!! I've pretty much applied to every DHB over the years was just hoping someone "knew" someone, you know how it is trying to get a job from the other side of the world - every little bit helps

Bumping this as I so need to get there and hoping someone might be able to assist

Default Site to try

Have you looked on myjobspaceNZ. I looked on google and for sure Auckland DHB was recruiting to this very post a while ago. Not sure what they have now but defo worth giving them a call. It may even help if you can talk to someone doing this job in NZ as they may have ideas.
    Hope this helps a wee bit

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Have you looked on myjobspaceNZ. I looked on google and for sure Auckland DHB was recruiting to this very post a while ago. Not sure what they have now but defo worth giving them a call. It may even help if you can talk to someone doing this job in NZ as they may have ideas.
    Hope this helps a wee bit

Cheers for that Moses - have seen this come up during my frequesnt searches , will defo be sure to include them (again) in my next round of spec apps

Yup there is definitely a Clinical/Medical Illustration Dept at the hospital in Christchurch

Clare

Quote Originally Posted by benandclare View Post
    Yup there is definitely a Clinical/Medical Illustration Dept at the hospital in Christchurch

Clare
    Thanks Clare I kinda "know" who has and who hasnt as far as the departments go ............i think.......... suppose i was just looking for an introduction from an insider, y'know the kinda thing, some insider networking................