Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NZ work experience in EOI

Default NZ work experience in EOI

I have been looking through the EOI and when it comes to the NZ work experience question I need some advice. When we lived in NZ before I had a total of 8 months work experience. The drop down menu only gives the option of 1 year but less than 2 or 2 years but less than 5. As I have said earlier in the EOI I have previous NZ work experience (which I have) I have to put something in this box. If I put 1 year I will not be exact - would it be better not to claim any NZ work experience even though it will show on my list of employers? Don't want our EOI to be thrown out all bcause of a slight technicality.

nicky ur signature shows that you are already there, what EOI u r asking about!!!!
    anyway, u can't claim points if ur experience is less than 1 year so leave it blank better than being thrown again to pool

Quote Originally Posted by nickydwuk View Post
    I have been looking through the EOI and when it comes to the NZ work experience question I need some advice. When we lived in NZ before I had a total of 8 months work experience. The drop down menu only gives the option of 1 year but less than 2 or 2 years but less than 5. As I have said earlier in the EOI I have previous NZ work experience (which I have) I have to put something in this box. If I put 1 year I will not be exact - would it be better not to claim any NZ work experience even though it will show on my list of employers? Don't want our EOI to be thrown out all bcause of a slight technicality.
    i guess you are back in UK now - and want to come back to NZ - right ?

what happen to your previous visa - is it expired

if you want to make fresh EOI - and you only have less than one years of exp - i am sorry you may not be able to claim bonus points for work exp in NZ ( see below )

Recognised work experience in New Zealand qualifies for points as follows:

1 year - 5 points

2 years - 10 points

3 years or more - 15 points

if that was possible i'd have some "extra" points too,

We got PR in Sept 2008 but returned to the UK in Sept 2009. Our PR has expired and we will have to go through the whole process again

We got PR in Sept 2008 but returned to the UK in Sept 2009. Our PR has expired and we will have to go through the whole process again
    i guess you have enough points for your EOI without looking at bonus NZ work exp.

since you have already gone through the whole process, you can speed things

all the very best

Quote Originally Posted by santhoshworld View Post
    since you have already gone through the whole process, you can speed things
    Excuse me, but there's no evidence that having previously had a visa shortcircuits things at all with INZ - it's back to square one.

Good luck, nickydwuk. It doesn't look as though having gone through the process before makes it feel any easier for you.

Certainly doesn't make it any easier. Last time I had a job offer so had 150 points - I am trying to see if I can get enough points without a job offer. It seems I will possibly have between 100 -115 without. So any extra I can gain is so important. If not then I need to get a job but they all sem to want staff to start ASAP and we would not be ready to go for at least another 18 months or more.

Such a balancing act, isn't it? No chance of any leads from where you used to work in NZ, is there? - the thought occurs that an old colleague might think, 'Ah, Bert is due to retire in 2012, and we know nickydwuk already.'

Certainly doesn't make it any easier. Last time I had a job offer so had 150 points - I am trying to see if I can get enough points without a job offer. It seems I will possibly have between 100 -115 without. So any extra I can gain is so important. If not then I need to get a job but they all sem to want staff to start ASAP and we would not be ready to go for at least another 18 months or more.

its a struggle without the job offer isnt it? still have seen the selection as low as 110 on occasion just not as low as 100
    Suppose contacting old colleagues depends on circumstances of leaving but certainly worth a go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast