Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nine days to go - mixed emotions

Default Nine days to go - mixed emotions

Can't believe after so long planning & talking about move to NZ am flying out Sat 14th.

Mixed emotions now - head buzzing with jobs I have to do or should be doing!!Excited as to what future holds but also alittle apprehensive.Hard saying goodbye to family and friends- this weekend will be saying goodbye to 78 year old dad which I'm really dreading.

Hubbie follows one month later and dogs a few days after with Golden Arrow. I start new job in NZ on 23rd of May. It made sense for one of us to go ahead to get rented bach etc organised before dogs arrive.Will organise to rent unfurnished house when container arrives.

Hope I haven't forgotton any last minute jobs I should be doing this end.Any advice tips etc greatly appreciated.

Its a whirlwind, isn't it. Can't think of anything of the top of my head that will make it any easier for you right now just wish you all the best for the trip.

Thinking of you. ((()))

A lot of us have been there and done that!
    Mixed emotions are compulsary!!
    Good Luck and safe journey over here.

good luck!!

Good luck, mixed emotions is perfectly normal. Whereabout in NZ are you moving to?
    Good Luck, you have the Irish Luck, you'll be fine.

Best of luck with it all - sure it'll be worth it in the end.

Good Luck! The emotions you are feeling are really normal. My son coined the phrase "Scarecited" for the way he was feeling just before we left....it is a really strange time, but there is so much fun to come..

Hey there!

Great to hear you are on your way!! Has your container left yet? I found that part really hard - looking around at an empty house and having all our wordly goods packed up!

Mixed emotions is right - I hear you on the 78 year old Dad - I had the same. Very tough but as everyone said to me you have to think of yourself too and your life.. Any chance you can get your Dad hooked up on Skype? Or someone to show him the ropes as this has really helped me and the kids. We talk every week.

Great to hear you are all lined up for a job too.

Well you know where we all are if you need us!

Quote Originally Posted by NAP View Post
    Any chance you can get your Dad hooked up on Skype? Or someone to show him the ropes as this has really helped me and the kids. We talk every week.
    And just to add, if your Dad is a technophone, you can get some reasonable phone packages here. For example I pay an extra $10 a month to make as many 1hr calls to Ireland as I want. I call my parents probably 2-3 times a week!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast