Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can I claim 2 years work experience in this case?

Smile Can I claim 2 years work experience in this case?

I am working in a university in the United States. In the United States, it has 2 semesters/year. I had already worked in the university for 4 semesters. Now, the Spring semester is over. I am on the summer holiday.

I started my work from Aug 2009, because the Fall semester starts in every Aug. If INZ counts the work experience in terms of days, probably I can not claim 2 years work experience. However, I did work 2 years (4 semesters) in the university. Could you please give advice whether i can claim 2 years work experience or not? thanks a lot

My view is that you cannot yet say you have two years' experience. After all, as you know, an academic does not ONLY work when face to face with students. If you are paid by the same university until August, when the anniversary of your start-date comes round you could claim the two years.

Thanks a lot. I get it.

I have already submit my EOI to the pool. But I still do not pay it. In this case, can I just hold the EOI in the pool, and wait until this August? And then I can change the work experience date to 1st Aug 2011 in the EOI. Does it works or not?

Another question following, you know that I have already submit the EOI to pool without pay yet. Without payment, my EOI will be selected or not, if not, it sounds that the above way works to me. I can re-submit again on August 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by wxiang View Post

Without payment, my EOI will be selected or not,
    NO, you need to pay ONLINE to process your EOI

what you done now is only saved your details in the system not actually submitted it

If, while your EOI is in the pool, your circumstances change in a way that relates to the number of points you are claiming, you will have to inform INZ immediately

I agree with santhoshworld.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

The status is Submitted, payment status is pending.

This really confuses me a lot.

@wxiang- So are you applying for university lecturer of LTSS occupation? What field are you in? Do you have a masters or a Phd in that field?
    I think if you have enough points to get selected without your 2 yrs work experience as a university lecturer, you should pay and be in the pool. Once you are selected, you got 4 months to submit ITA. In the mean time you will have 2 years experience completed and can claim additional bonus points. You just need to mention that in your ITA and to your immigration officer.
    Cheers

I have a bachelor degree, master degree and PhD degree at the same field. I am working in a US university now.

I need the 2 yrs work experience bonus (10 points) to get selected, otherwise it is almost impassible to get selected. Thing becomes complicated in my case. I have 21 months work experience as a post-doctor in the US university after my PhD. During my PhD study, I had 3 months university lecturer experience. If I can add them together, I should have 24 months or 2 years work experience as university lecturer.

In EOI form, G5. Please indicate the total number of years work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage. (PLEASE NOTE: You cannot claim these bonus points for your work experience unless you meet the specific requirements laid out in columns three/four of the Long Term Skill Shortage List.)
    I claimed "2 but less than 6 years"
    Occupations: University Lecturer

Requirements lay out in columns three/four of the Long Term Skill Shortage List are: Column 3 (Masters degree or PhD), Column 4 (Masters Degree or PhD (Level
    9 or 10) AND at least twelve months work experience as a university lecturer (or a post
    doctoral fellow))

I think that my conditions satisfy requirements. The only anxious is that you will combine 21 months post-doctor work experience after PhD study with 3 months lecturer work experience after my master (level 9) study but during my PhD study or not? If the CO combine them together, I do have 24 months or 2 years work experience as university lecturer.

Please give advise. Thanks a lot.

To MK33,
    I can not understand your statement "you will have 2 years experience completed and can claim additional bonus points". Once people get selected, why do you need the bonus point? Does NZI assess the points again during the ITA process?

Quote Originally Posted by wxiang View Post
    To MK33,
    I can not understand your statement "you will have 2 years experience completed and can claim additional bonus points". Once people get selected, why do you need the bonus point? Does NZI assess the points again during the ITA process?
    Spot on, once through EOI and you have the ITA it's actually a dispadvantage to have more points as you need to produce all the evidence to substantiate that claim! The only 'point' that is an advantage is that if you have a formal written legally binding job offer then your application is fast-tracked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast