Thread: Turn Around Times in the Washington DC Embassy?

Default Turn Around Times in the Washington DC Embassy?

Hi all...
    Tomorrow I will be lodging my partnership residency application with the New Zealand Embassy in Washington DC. Has anyone had any experience with this office? I am a little nervous that the website states that they only have 3 people working in their immigration office. Yikes! Any info you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated!

Cheers!

Hi, I did my work permit through Washington. It took a while but after I followed it up with an email checking on it's progress they couriered it through the next day. So worth following up with them (I had no luck with calling, couldn't get past an automated message).

Good luck!

My application went through the WA DC office, it took 7 months.
    They do indicate some months being more busy than others.
    Best wishes.

Thanks for the quick replies. ljrobin...what kind of visa did you apply for?

Quote Originally Posted by mthldy View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies. ljrobin...what kind of visa did you apply for?
    My husband is a Kiwi, so I applied for PR with him as my sponsor. There weren't any problems with my application. Although, we had to wait for my husband's police clearance from NZ, he hadn't lived there in over 25 years, so it took a while to clear, who knows why!
    We have been here now just a bit over 2 years. In January this year I received the permanent-PR stickers.