Thread: Sending passport to UK for renewal?

Post Sending passport to UK for renewal?

There are several threads on this topic, but couldn't see one with this scenario...

Considering sending form and old passport to my parents in UK so they can send in to Passport Office locally and then return to me. Any gotchas that would prevent success?

Rant: I've seen that the reason for the extra cost for FCO to process applications locally is to give their costs and provide other services. Why bilk emigrants for this when I guess it is holiday makers that make most use of their services? As a resident in NZ there are very few problems I can imagine having that I'd need the embassy for, but holiday makers are probably another matter. Why don't they take a slice of the air tax to fund FCO?

And whilst I'm in the mood, NZ immigration can do better. Checking my old passport I have pages and pages with just two NZ entry stamps on each page. Every other country uses a smaller stamp and gets 4, 5 or even 6 stamps to a page. Each of those pages has a value of about $20...
    Can we have a poll to demand a smaller entry stamp and better stamping!

Cheers :-)

Default Passports

If you are able to do it.... let us all know. Im thinking of doing just the same n trying to see if theres a way they can find out Im not in the UK for the renewal.

Isn't it illegal to post passports cross-boarders?

Well, I wouldn't 'post' it.
    http://www.nzpost.co.nz/home/sending...conomy-courier

Some countries have weird rules about no post at all, eg NL I believe. UK are ok, and the passport service would only know about the UK address. Situation is not about 'lying' to the lovely HMG but avoiding a FCO rort.

Got my UK passport renewed in about a week. Simply completed the form at a post shop and it was shipped to Wellington and processed instantly.

Only wish the uk offered the same quick service