Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Making friends in Christchurch

Default Making friends in Christchurch

Kia Ora! Well I have been a social butterfly over the past 5years meeting people new to Christchurch, have made some lovely friends, so anyways...

Maybe you are moving/just moved to Christchurch, or maybe you are just wanting to make some new friends?

I am 32 just seeing if there are any other females or couples out there that just want a friend to chat with, go for a cuppa, dinner, movies.

I work in administration (lost job after earthquake but wahooo have a new one now), love meeting new people fave music – 80’s, Robbie Williams, Madonna, U2, Jack Johnson, dance, like travelling, (went on a roadtrip in USA for 4 weeks), lived in Canada for a year, cooking, going for coffee, watching rugby, movies, www.facebook.com.

While living in Canada (in 2004) I had only couple of friends, and found it really tough & lonely being in a new city, (:crazy so I thought I would come on here and see if anyone is in the same boat as I was there and looking for a new friend – (different when you are at school you always meet new people).

So if you are 20-40 and think we might have some similar interests reply!
    Keep safe, take care

hey everyone, just came on here for first time in ages.Hope u all doing well. HI to the newbies.
    Gidday from Christchurch

I organised 4 girls nites out end of last year (had groups of 20,17,18,13) succesful.

Hope you are well, hope to hear from you, take care.

I'm still a dreadful person who hasn't followed through to meet up with you very very bad Soph! I have to admit that having a small person about tends to limit social activities though.. need to get over that at least a little bit, I think!!

Don't suppose you have anything planned in the nearish future??

I would meet up too...but I'm too old!!!!!

But as Sophie says having a little one tends to curtail activities ...but if you fancy a cuppa with an oldie just let me know!! May we could all meet up one day.

Sophie Sophie, and you are living in my suburb, ha ha no excuse! You can bring ur little one to a cafe for a cuppa? Hope u are well.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiMel View Post
    Sophie Sophie, and you are living in my suburb, ha ha no excuse! You can bring ur little one to a cafe for a cuppa? Hope u are well.
    Can do indeed, and it's great that many of them have a box of toys, but it's just the annoyance factor that she tends to demand that I watch her play, or play with her etc. She can still very bad at the whole sharing thing, especially when it comes to mummy's attention. Heaven forbid that I have a conversation with another adult!! Yet on other days she's fine, the little monster.

That said, I'm sure I can MAKE time at some point, and leave the husbandly one home alone (with her ladyship)

Gidday there, anyone new to Christchurch, or just wanting to get out and about for a coffee? Chit chat?

Couples? My partner is into hunting, fishing, rugby, cricket.

I love rugby, meeting new people, travelling.
    Cheers
    Mel

hi mel

we're moving to Chch in 3 weeks, hoping to make new friends.

Cheers!

Talking Moving in feb!

Hi everyone, myself and my then to be husband are moving to christchurch in February. We are both 23 a laid back couple who are excited to be apart of the new city! It would be great to make contact with some people before we move! Thanks :-)

Hello and welcome.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast