Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: billy no mates right now. - )

Have you tried Meetup - Tauranga to see if there is a group that you are interested in?

The site does lots of other areas as well for anyone else, just do a search.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    Have you tried Meetup - Tauranga to see if there is a group that you are interested in?
    Guess I should have checked out what groups were actually available
    I suspect those ones aren't the first choice, other areas definitely have more groups.

You can try other areas, or start your own group.

Ian

Hi there
    If you are not sporting, or have any particular skills - you could always try the likes of The Lions or Rotary Clubs.

I think the suggestion of the local library/noticeboard would be good to see what societies there are about. Also the local paper. Good Luck - its hard!

Thinking about 'no particular skills', maybe there's something you'd like to be able to do, and you could find a beginners' class.

Also, check your local "newcomer's network" as they usually host some events for people new to the area - http://www.newcomers.co.nz/westernba...eofevents.html

Just thought I'd pop in to see how you were doing? Hopefully you've found something you can do and are busy making new connections!

Quote Originally Posted by Mishclark View Post
    Hi Helen,

I know how you feel, it really is hard, I was only in Nz for the amount of time you are there now and had to go home (hopefully temporarily!), so I do understand..

I'm not really into sports either, I had one friend already living in Nz, and one of my very best Kiwi friends lived in Oz for a long time moved to Nz 6 months before me, so I didn't know anyone else..I wasn't a member of this forum then so didn't get to know anyone, but am also a member of another forum, and had met a couple of lovely people through there who I still keep in touch with...I also met a beautiful friend from Liverpool, England through trade me, I bought her bike for my daughter!

I'm sure I would have made more solid friendships if I had been there longer, I'm keeping in touch and hoping they all stay there if I return in 2013!

Take care and good luck..
    I will give things ago once I am feeling up to it, I am suffering with bad anaemia at the moment and I am having some tests soon, so once I am taking some iron tablets I am sure I will feel better. And feel more like doing things.

Quote Originally Posted by whakapapa View Post
    Just thought I'd pop in to see how you were doing? Hopefully you've found something you can do and are busy making new connections!

I would like to thank you all for the info, I will keep it on file. Once I am feeling a bit better I will get out there and meet some people. Try different options.
    Helen

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Thinking about 'no particular skills', maybe there's something you'd like to be able to do, and you could find a beginners' class.
    There's quite a few things I would love to try. I'm 45 and my kids say no Mum you can't try that your to old. i.e. surfing, I would love to have a go.
    Dancing, latin/american dance for beginners.
    Paragliding and all that type of stuff, but alot of it is expensive so I will have to wait a while till I can save up to do them. But I will try them.

45 too old! Try telling my Mum that!

When she was 50 we did a tiki tour of the South Island and went kayaking with seals, swimming with dolphins, did the shotover jet.

She's now 60 something and when she visits in September she wants to try mountainbiking.

Never too old.

Look on Grab One for deals, I've seen surfing lessons on there and possibly blokart. And suggest them as birthday/Christmas presents.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast