Thread: My feet are a shaking - Noise control

Default My feet are a shaking - Noise control

OMG!! At ten past eleven my house was rocking. No not from me, but from a load of youngsters had gathered outside. Apparantely they were having a party and noise control came and alot of them dispersed, where? outside my house. OH had been working 14hour shifts. The music from their vehicles was that loud that I could feel it under my feet in the lounge.
    It went on for over half an hour. I rang the police, and guess what. Three police vehicles turned up, two cars and a van.
    What did they do? Nothing much, gave them all a talking to. I was hoping that they would move them on. Anyway, I guess with the noise control and the police input it di eventually put a stop to their party.
    No, I am not a spoil sport, a little bit of consideration would have been good. They weren't bothered about anyone else, the stupid thing is they could have had a good party if the noise levels weren't so loud.
    Some sleep for me now. The OH is snoring, lol.

We lived next door to the neighbours from hell for about 18 months before we left Auckland to move to Canterbury. We ended up ringing noise control almost every weekend, as our neighbours were fond of partying until about 4am at every opportunity, despite us asking them week after week to turn their music down as we had small children who were being seriously disturbed. Unfortunately they always ended up turning it right back up again within 10 minutes, so we stopped asking them in the end and rang noise control as soon as it hit 11am and they could legally do something to shut them up. You are certainly no spoil sport

My tolerence of others noise is pretty low, but over here then I've noticed that it does tend to be earlier and over by 10 on the rare occasions we get it. The twice I've had a problem in houses (not the flats I stayed in for a while) were when the owners were away leaving their teen kids at home alone.... On both occasions then quiet was restored by midnight.

Sorry you were disturbed, but hopefully now it's just gone 9 you can still get some good sleep in.

I do think I was within my rights, at the end of the day we all need our sleep, also some young ones have no consideration for anyone or anything.

Yes I know I was young once, but the thing is I was very aware of people around me, and I had respect for other. There doesn't seem to be alot of this at present.

So yeah, I made the right call.

OMG!! Is that why you guys moved to from Auckland. I hope not, that is your worse nightmare though, living next door to people that don't give a toss about anyone else. I really couldn't be that selfish.
    I hope you are noise free now though. - )

Different type of noise alas: In our town there are no noise restriction for Sundays or public holidays. And over the years I got used to lawn mowers, hedge trimmers and the occasional chain saw on a Sunday. However a lawn mower at noon on Good Friday?!