Thread: police recruitment ???

Question police recruitment ???

Hi

A close friend of the family is a 22 year old male wanting to be a police officer - the UK have a 2 year recruitment ban - can he apply to the police here - on the website it says you need to gain residency first however i have heard of people coming over on holiday and then applying any help here really appreciated .

If there are any one reading this in the know are there other countries which may employ him if nz wont ?????

Will be interested in the responses as thats what my son wants to do although only 16 at the moment and we are hoping for the PR route this time around! Unfortunatley dont think NZ does cadetships as some places in Oz do or that would have been a major step forward on getting him onside!

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Basically no, you can't apply from abroad, even with residency. Mr Manks attended one of their recruitment seminars - which you MUST attend (or watch online I think - but you have to give an NZ address) before you can apply.

There are then tests and strict criteria you must pass before going on the College waiting list and THEN there's an 18-month wait-list to start at the College.

On the plus side they do want younger people applying for the force as I think they got a bit "top heavy" and now have a lack of younger people who can relate to people of their own age.

Don't want to put a dampener on things but this is the reality.

Wonder why Mr Manks was put off applying....

Default still need help ?

Thanks

anyone else out there who can help ?????????
    Will look at Aussie police