Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby World Cup Tickets

Default Rugby World Cup Tickets

Dear all,

I can't seem to find much about availablity re Rugby World Cup tickets, am making the big move to Wellington in August and thought it would be good to try and take in a game or two.

I saw that there was an initial ballot and have registered for the general sale release, but has there been anything in the press re how many tickets have sold already??? Or about availability??

Also is there much of an adult football scene in Wellington, ie playing??

Many thanks.

The tickets that are left are jsut available to buy on the website now. If it's not available then it's gone. There may be some returns closer to the time, but that's about it I'm afraid.

There will be a release of more semi and finals tickets closer to the time I think.

[QUOTE=hunty1980;40770

Also is there much of an adult football scene in Wellington, ie playing??

Many thanks.[/QUOTE]

Give Wooly_Cow a PM s I know he knows a lot about the football scene in Wellington

Just to clarify what Duncan said, there are no tickets currently available to buy, all remaining tickets will go on sale from July 4.

Phase 2 of RWC 2011 tickets sales has now closed. RNZ 2011 is currently in the process of allocating tickets for distribution in May.

All remaining tickets will go on sale from July 4.
    That is from the rugby world cup website here: http://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/

To the best of my knowledge they haven't released details of how many individual tickets are still available but I have no doubt there will still be some for some of teh smaller games in Wellington when tickets sales re-open on the 4th July.

Have they taken them off sale? Sorry, hadn't reaslised. There were the 'left overs' on sale.

Thanks for your help, I've registered with the ticketing website and will just hope for the best.

Ironic I was in Wellington when England won the World Cup and now I'm going to be living there during one. Should be a good atmosphere in the city. Can't wait.

Here (http://www.odt.co.nz/sport/rugby/160...s-still-unsold) some further information:
    '..and tickets are currently sold only in travel and hospitality packages, with few left for popular matches.
    Tickets that are selling fast... Australia vs Ireland, Eden Park (Auckland); France vs Canada, McLean Park (Napier); New Zealand vs France, Eden Park (Auckland); Fiji vs Samoa, Eden Park (Auckland); France vs Tonga, Stadium Wellington; England vs Scotland, Eden Park (Auckland); New Zealand vs Canada, Stadium Wellington; knockout rounds.'

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/r...-sales-lagging

Final phase of tickets go on sale on 4 July and remain until they're gone.

There are still a huge number of tickets which will be available from July 4th. According to teh email I got from RWC2011 today there are 1.35 million tickets available for sale to the public and including the Christchurch tickets a total of 919,000 had been sold. That leaves over 400,000 tickets available potentially even more than that if not everyone who was refunded for Christchurch matches chooses to buy the replacements.

The press release where I got this information from is available here: http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/destina...esign+launched

It was mentioned on the news today that more tickets from the Christchurch matches will be released next week.

Ian

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast