Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1 year in

I actually found the adverts more amusing than most of the programs when we first arrived...it was amazing to see such non PC advertising..... I listened to the Cactus one on the radio and suddenly realised what I was hearing.... 8O

Smile

This could be an urban legend..... but when it comes to baked beans and tinned spaggetti it's much sweeter than UK varieties because during WW2 NZ weren't subject to sugar rations. Hence they cut the sugar down in the british goods and it didn't get increased. Maybe just all these things added together lead to a much sweeter tooth?!

As for rental property managers it beggars belief that such incompetence can carry on. If I didn't love my house so much I wouldn't be here!!

But I've been in NZ over three years in now - total of 4 including my initial OE. Love it.

and my friends from home can't believe how much sportier I am now.

Quote Originally Posted by LizM View Post
    and my friends from home can't believe how much sportier I am now.
    I think there was a bowling trip with my last office in the UK. 6 out of 8 in my current team are running a half marathon in a couple of months.

Regarding the radio adverts, the Jesters 'Fruits of the Forest' pie advert wins the award for least PC.

Congrats Duncan & Wifey
    amazing how time flies . . . . when your having fun.

8 months in for me now, and loving it!
    About time I came back to the forums for an update of my own, just been too busy with the whole New Life New Zealand thing . . . .

Great post. We appreciate the progress posts - fortifying for those of us who've not yet arrived!

This could be an urban legend..... but when it comes to baked beans and tinned spaggetti it's much sweeter than UK varieties because during WW2 NZ weren't subject to sugar rations. Hence they cut the sugar down in the british goods and it didn't get increased. Maybe just all these things added together lead to a much sweeter tooth?!
    V. interesting... wonder if it is true! Amazing how much sugar is in things over here!!

Quote Originally Posted by LizM View Post
    It's an urban legend, I'm afraid - sugar was rationed in NZ during WWII.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345