Thread: give way rules changes under consultation now

Exclamation give way rules changes under consultation now

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/consultation...w.html#changes:

'This overview accompanies, and sets in context, the yellow (public consultation) draft of the Land Transport (Road User) Amendment Rule [2011] (Rule 61001/6). The draft Rule proposes to change the rules for giving way at intersections on New Zealand's roads and would make a number of other changes affecting road users.'

Amongst others these situations are targeted:

1. Left turn v. right turn priority
    Uncontrolled T-intersections
    Driveways (public entrance)

'
    If you wish to comment on this draft Rule, please see the page headed 'Making a submission'. The deadline for submissions is 24 June 2011.'

The changes to the give-way rules are planned for April 2012. I for one will be glad to see the amendments come into effect.

My main fear is that after having to try so hard to unlearn them for the last year (Almost two by the time it comes in!)

I will just get totally confused...though I do still forget occasionally when I am driving *oops*

Quote Originally Posted by Mamee & Co View Post
    My main fear is that after having to try so hard to unlearn them for the last year (Almost two by the time it comes in!) I will just get totally confused...though I do still forget occasionally when I am driving *oops*

Was thinking that too - but I think we "think" about it more now and when it does change, I am sure our natural tendencies will come out on top. I know when I went home for 10days it came back to me so naturally - so think we will be ok!!

Just hope they are teaching all the learner drivers both rules in the run up!

They used to have it that left turn was priority and then switched to copy OZ - (who then switched back!!) - so hopefully if they have changed the rule once - hope it wont be too much bother to change it back again!