Thread: Accessing BBC/ITV programmes etc online from NZ

Default Accessing BBC/ITV programmes etc online from NZ

Hi,

Probably has been asked before.

I have no access to UK tv programmes where I am currently staying but have internet access.

Is there any way of setting up an account/site that I can view UK tv programmes on line

Would love to be able to watch UK apprentice/soaps etc if possible.

Would help spend time till hubbie arrives

Cheers

Cool

Hi,

You will need to set up a UK IP address, I am in Australia (but spent two years in NZ hence my connection to this forum) I use an outfit called Expat Surfer https://www.expatsurfer.co.uk/
    I Pay about $10 AUD/month and can watch BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Five programmes with no bother at all. I believe that there are some free ones out there but beware one I tried the site was full of viuses and others claiming to be free had hidden charges. I have used these for over a year with no problems so far...Hope that helps...

Quote Originally Posted by colindp View Post
    Hi,

You will need to set up a UK IP address, I am in Australia (but spent two years in NZ hence my connection to this forum) I use an outfit called Expat Surfer https://www.expatsurfer.co.uk/
    I Pay about $10 AUD/month and can watch BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Five programmes with no bother at all. I believe that there are some free ones out there but beware one I tried the site was full of viuses and others claiming to be free had hidden charges. I have used these for over a year with no problems so far...Hope that helps...
    +1

BUT, it's pretty bandwidth intensive, so don't be surprised if you get cut off. Unlimmited in NZ generally wouldn't extend to someone jsut arrived on their own spending all night streaming BBC videos.

FWIW I tried expatshield when in my first flat and couldn't get it to work.

I found expatshield extremely easy to install (and I'm not that IT savvy), although it opens a very annoying web page every time I start up. It does not install any viruses, so I'd try to have a go with it (it's free!), and if it does not work for some reason, turn to the paying services.

BTW: Prime TV airs the new Doctor Who season from tomorrow on, so that's only 3/4 episodes behind BBC time

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    BUT, it's pretty bandwidth intensive, so don't be surprised if you get cut off. Unlimmited in NZ generally wouldn't extend to someone jsut arrived on their own spending all night streaming BBC videos.

FWIW I tried expatshield when in my first flat and couldn't get it to work.
    This is very true.. We use ADTelly to get a UK IP Address and have found that our allowance is being used very quickly.. Would love 'un-capped', although getting a much better speed here than where I left in the UK (c.12Mbps vs. 1.5Mbps) so can't complain too much