Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For the Veggies.

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    The standard Rich Brown Bistow powder is meat free.

Thanks so much for the link - most of the products are cheaper through that site than the NZ stuff is in the supermarket. Though I've just got my own sausage recipe right and can make 24 sausages for $6 now, but certainly will suprise the hubby with a Quorn roast now and again!
    Will definitely be buying some of their products. I'll be in Chch so there will be a shipping charge but if anyone else in Chch wants to place the order along with me, I'm sure it will save some $$$$!!

Quote Originally Posted by whakapapa View Post
    Yay Now just need to find some good veggie gravy to go with that!!
    My sister brought out a kilo tub of low salt Marigold vegetable bouillon last year, still have well over half of it left. Makes a fab base for onion gravy

Wonder if they'll deliver to a home address given that it's also my husband's work address?

Laura I buy a tin of Nutolene Nutmeat and a tin of Nutloaf from Countdown. Shove it all in the food processor, add soy sauce, lots of herbs, chopped onion, mushroom, mustard, garlic, tomato paste, and anything else I can think of, blend it all well, then add plain flour to thicken it. Then scrape it out onto a floured surface and knead it till it looks like bread dough, then roll out sausages. I make about 24 from that, which costs about $6 for the Nutolene tins.

I also make burgers from just the Nutmeat and hydrogenated soya mince plus the flavourings etc.

My husband has asked for Cajun sausages next time, so I think he's liking them. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by KatieBen View Post
    My sister brought out a kilo tub of low salt Marigold vegetable bouillon last year,
    I love that stuff, use it here all the time although the green tub is more readily available than the purple tub. Glad to know it can be bought there!

Laura I buy a tin of Nutolene Nutmeat and a tin of Nutloaf from Countdown. Shove it all in the food processor, add soy sauce, lots of herbs, chopped onion, mushroom, mustard, garlic, tomato paste, and anything else I can think of, blend it all well, then add plain flour to thicken it. Then scrape it out onto a floured surface and knead it till it looks like bread dough, then roll out sausages. I make about 24 from that, which costs about $6 for the Nutolene tins.

I also make burgers from just the Nutmeat and hydrogenated soya mince plus the flavourings etc.
    Brilliant1 Thank you.

Ooh, thank you for posting that recipe. Will definitely give it a try

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12