Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling to move

Default Selling to move

As I have mentioned we are selling to fund the move. We've had the sign up just over a week, and one viewing so far. He asked for floor plans and photos, but has ended up buying somewhere cheaper as a buy-to-let.

So we now wait, apparently someone else has asked for details, and the EA has a family who are after a house in our area but currently on holiday.

So hopefully it won't drag on forever. Things are starting to sell which are very similar to ours, so fingers crossed! I'd really love to be able to move before the children start High School (Sept)!

Good luck to all others selling!

Helen

Good luck, Helen- hope it sells quickly!
    Amy.

good luck from us too! my OH is desperate to get their before our youngest goes to high school, unfortunatley we've only got til August so she may need to accept that her schooling will interrupted (again )

Just remember, there is someone out there for every house - it only takes one.

I think the school thing is a motivator for lots of us - we're aiming at term start dates to coincide with work start dates for my OH, and to make sure we're getting settled by the time my daughter starts Primary in the new year.

Best of luck - having just been through it, I know how you're feeling.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Join the rest of us in the waiting game. Demoralising though it is

Apparently we have had 6 people request details last week, not sure if that is good or not, as we have never been sellers before we have nothing to compare with.

We should have a viewing in a week or so, a family after a house in the area, and they are due back from a holiday so they should be round.

A big dose of patience needed I think!

Helen

Good luck Helen
    We currently have out house on the market too!! We are shooting for moving next Nov/Dec, then kids start in the New Year 2013.
    Sounds promising that you already have that much interest this quickly - it'll happen.
    Patience and a large G&T

My house went up for sale a week ago. Only one showing so far but things apparently get busy after this coming weekend (Memorial Day weekend).

Must admit, it's nice having a tidy house all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post

Must admit, it's nice having a tidy house all the time!
    It's a struggle to keep this one tidy all the time with the kids, and we now have my Mum's very scruffy dog too! I think it will be a frantic tidy up before any viewings!

Helen

Yes the tidy house is nice but the work it take is a pain in the bleep!
    Hopefully Dell you are right about the Holiday weekend - lets both plan on selling our houses NEXT WEEK!
    We have been hit here by storm after storm, wind damage, hail, tornadoes in surrounding counties so keeping the yard looking nice is the real challenge right now.
    So glad NZ has smaller tornadoes. Kids and I spent last 2 nights hunkered down in the basement with 2 panting dogs! sleeping on camping mats.
    My parents keep warning me about the earthquakes - as if I don't pay attention to the news - and as tragic as that has been, there have still been more deaths here in the US this spring from tornadoes.
    Sorry - not sure how selling houses went to this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast