Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Borderline High Cholesterol

Default Borderline High Cholesterol

Dear friend,

I have a job offer from Auckland employer and at the ITA stage for PR (SMC) application. I have just completed my medical check up and everything is perfect except I have Borderline High Cholesterol and triglycerides, however my examining doctor commented it as not significant and I am fit and in good health for immigration, he ticked the box, NO ABNORMAL findings.

My concern is that NZ immigration may be less tolerant on High Cholesterol and triglycerides even it is Borderline High, my Cholesterol LDL is 155mg/dl, Tchol/HDL Ration 4.8 and triglycerides 157mg/dl

Should I submit my ITA or there is slim chances for my PR application, any experiences or comments are greatly appreciated, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Singapura View Post
    Dear friend,

I have a job offer from Auckland employer and at the ITA stage for PR (SMC) application. I have just completed my medical check up and everything is perfect except I have Borderline High Cholesterol and triglycerides, however my examining doctor commented it as not significant and I am fit and in good health for immigration, he ticked the box, NO ABNORMAL findings.

My concern is that NZ immigration may be less tolerant on High Cholesterol and triglycerides even it is Borderline High, my Cholesterol LDL is 155mg/dl, Tchol/HDL Ration 4.8 and triglycerides 157mg/dl

Should I submit my ITA or there is slim chances for my PR application, any experiences or comments are greatly appreciated, thank you.
    Welcome.
    I can't help with immigation, but go and see you doctor. A managed high cholesterol sititution is simply better than an unmanaged one... For you and your family.

Definitely don't let it stop you submitting ITA.
    My ratio is 5 and I got referred to MA but passed because lack of other other heart risk factors outweighed high cholesterol. Apparently the main one in my favour is age (under 50) others are BMI, smoking and family history.

My GP does not prescribe statins unless the ratio is over 6, I do watch what I eat and do exercise more than I used to as I will be at more risk as I get older.

Simon

Hi rogercruse and doreysc,

Thank you for the fast reply!

If your doctor doesn't think it is an issue to worry about, he should note it clearly on the medical forms. The MA in Welly is unlikely to pursue the matter unless your readings indicate significant abnormalities. Not everyone who has passed the assessment is in perfect health so there is every indication that you will pass too. In the unlikely event you have to get a 2nd assessment, it is not the end of the world, and your ITA will not get rejected, just delayed.

from recollection mine was high as well due to BMI, we did get referred for another reason and still got through, send it in anyway

Hi batgirl1001 and Starkus71,

Thank you very much for the kind advice, I will send in my ITA and at the same time stay away from bad cholesterol food

No more butter cake, milk chocolate, red meat …

Hello Singapura,
    Are you dropping your ITA in person at NZ Immigration office at Takashimaya, Orchard?

The reason for asking is, few years back when my work visa was submitted at that office, the unfriendly lady at reception (minus smile) literally went through whole Medical tests of OH, later went inside to speak to officer-in-charge for Cholestrol, blood report, borderline BMI (which was way below 33).

Otherwise just chill, if you are sending via courier to any other NZIS office.

All the best with sending the docs.

Hi Sun777,

Thank you for your reply, are you Singaporean too? I have sent my ITA via courier to NZ Immigration China office

Hi fellow Singaporean, I have borderline high cholesterol too. But I just had my Silver Fern visa approved recently. Same thing, my doctor ticked 'No abnormal findings'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast