Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telecommunication Job Market

Default Telecommunication Job Market

Hi Guys
    I recently got my residence Visa and i am from Pakistan.
    I am Telecommunication Engineer by profession and i need to know about the Job scope of Telecommunication professionals in NZ

Thanks
    Babar

Telco space is very limited, only suggestion I can give is to register directly with telco companies. You might want to register with NZCS (one of the professional body), that helped me (to have at least one matching keyword in local terminology )

It is a very very tight market with limited well paying opportunities. Like many industries especially in and around Auckland it is pretty much about who you know and you see the same faces moving around the different companies.

No advice to give apart from keep trying whenever you think there is an opportunity.

its means people in NZ dont use CELL PHONES :P

You may wish to do little bit research on local Telco market and business at bigger picture, leading telco companies provide broadband, landline etc which is not limited to mobile or cell phones.

Having said that, smaller companies & 3rd parties buy wholesales deals from the giant telco companies and provide tailor-made services to limited customer segments/areas.

I hope that gives some idea.

Oh!

I have come across few people who still use Nokia 3000, 8000 and some really old series which are difficult to find in a museum

Hey babar5abbas,
    need you help in finding to the answer u yourself asked last years..coz i am also related to telecommunications!!

Quote Originally Posted by msrk View Post
    Hey babar5abbas,
    need you help in finding to the answer u yourself asked last years..coz i am also related to telecommunications!!

You should be bringing some IP experience with Telecommunication

this is same what i am observing now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    It is a very very tight market with limited well paying opportunities. Like many industries especially in and around Auckland it is pretty much about who you know and you see the same faces moving around the different companies.

No advice to give apart from keep trying whenever you think there is an opportunity.

with telecom laying off jobs it will become tough to get job and i think in future telecommunication may be out of LTSSL

For a broader perspective it "may" not be totally with telecommunication (technical/analyst) jobs, recent articles & media coverage have indicated that restructuring is to reduce operational costs compared to other competitors in the market, so these jobs could be related to enterprise wide - all areas like finances, marketing, sales, IT, Infrastructure (process oriented as well) e.g. 2 people in separate departments doing the same tasks, areas of infrastructure etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast