Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new table and chairs

Default My new table and chairs

I did't bring any dining furniture. I bought this set for $899 !! Its solid and quite big. 9 piece in total. Hope this helps anyone.

Originally from Malaysia, in Wellington since May 2005

Wow! That's nice!

When we arrived, we bought a 4 chair dining table off Trademe from another migrant for $60. We are still using it!

We also bought a dining set (oval rimu with 6 chairs) from Trademe - delivered for $300

We currently have a small rimu table with four carved chairs for sale if anyone is interested - a snip at $275. :P Pick up in Chch..... can email pics if required.

Jan

Thank you for the pic, it looks good. We are intending to bring very little with us and I've been a little concerned about the availibilty of stuff and buying in NZ. Thanks to you sharing your pic, seeing what you can get and also buy browsing trademe from here, my fear is lessening.

May be we should have a thread 'NZ purchases I have made' complete with pics and prices

Deborah

Hmmm, maybe immigrant folks in an area could play "hand-me-down" with furniture they got while waiting for their container. Perhaps deduct some of the cost each time for depreciation.

Great to see this.

We've been looking at dining tables recently wondering how much they'd be over there.

Great price and lovely table!

Cheers

Sue

Hmmm, maybe immigrant folks in an area could play "hand-me-down" with furniture they got while waiting for their container.
    I thought about this one, Its definately something to be looked at. My friend went to a rental co. and hired t.v's, fridge, beds and suite for the month. I think she paid $800. Lovely stuff too. But what about the cutlery, pans, quilts, plates etc etc. She was fortunate to have a friend who lent her these and in turn she returned the favour to me when we rented before our container arrived.

I might be funny about renting bedding and the such like but with a real good cleaning system, there could be a market out there for this kind of stuff. I didn't want to go get stuff as i had heaps of the stuff coming over already.

Definitely is a good idea - we borrowed crockery from another forum couple before our gear arrived

Originally from Malaysia, in Wellington since May 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Saint
    Great to see this.

We've been looking at dining tables recently wondering how much they'd be over there.
    When are you arriving? And if you are going to be in the Wellington region, our 4 chairs dining set is yours!

Default You all got a heart of gold

It is the posts like this that make us feel it is worth it to give NZ a go. You're all helpful and got a heart of gold.

It is not the place that make people want to move there, it is the people of the place that count.

Kev

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast