View Poll Results: What is your biggest frustration as a driver?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drivers who are not paying full attention to the road.

3 7.69%
  • Drivers who are not courteous while changing lanes or merging.

4 10.26%
  • Drivers who don’t indicate or continue to indicate after they need to.

4 10.26%
  • Drivers who don’t dip their lights for oncoming traffic at night.

3 7.69%
  • Drivers increase speed at passing lane so you can't pass and/or slow down after the passing lane

5 12.82%
  • Drivers who don’t pull over to allow others to pass.

2 5.13%
  • Drivers who turn corners from the wrong lanes.

1 2.56%
  • Drivers who follow too closely.

10 25.64%
  • Drivers who park very near an intersection and compromise visibility.

1 2.56%
  • Drivers of cars who block intersections to get through a phase of lights.

1 2.56%
  • Drivers doing something else; please specify.

5 12.82%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NZ's driver frustrations index (2011)

Default NZ's driver frustrations index (2011)

http://www.aainsurance.co.nz/newsroom/article/article/11344/0/0/new-zealand%27s-top-ten-driver-frustrations-revealed.html:

'...the 2011 AA Insurance Driver Frustration Index, which polled 3,550 New Zealanders aged 18-65 to gain a better understanding of what causes drivers to become frustrated and take unnecessary risks...'

Let's have a poll on the top ten driver frustrations!

Where's the option for 'Drivers who insist on being on the road within half a mile of me when I'm driving. All drivers. At all. They all should be off the road so I can get to/from where I'm going without having to put up with any of their .... their stuff.

For me it is drivers who cruise along the motorway on ramps at 40 kph when the motorway traffic is doing 100 kph.

Annoying for people on the motorway; stupid for the person joining the motorway; down right dangerous for the people on the on ramps behind the idiot who have to deal with fast moving traffic and a "blocker" in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Where's the option for 'Drivers who insist on being on the road within half a mile of me when I'm driving. All drivers. At all. They all should be off the road so I can get to/from where I'm going without having to put up with any of their .... their stuff.
    Down at the bottom: "Drivers doing something else; please specify."

Where's 'All of the Above'?

Daniela

My OH and I always refer to 'Kiwi indicating' in that it almost never happens when turning into a road.

Car slows, slows, break lights come on, enough of a turning angle you would think they're driving a tanker and then, maybe, maybe, maybe, the indicator will come on.

I can't complain on the short journeys I do as I hardly ever see another driver on the road. However DH would vote for something along the lines of, "those drivers who insist on taking on a truck carrying up to 40,000 litres of fuel. Along with those whose sole purpose in life is to get in front of said truck at all costs especially if they are coming off at the next motorway junction and the truck is nearly there".

Quote Originally Posted by dharder View Post
    Where's 'All of the Above'?

Daniela
    The question is for the biggest frustration not for all frustrations (the maximum poll options are 22 ).

Roundabouts...never seen such a silly driving.Just now: a lady driver on my right,me waits, she waits(no one on her right side), I wait some more. Someone comes on her right side, she goes... Or I get cut off by my left-peope not even looking my way. Now I very often remember my driving intructor's words" When behind the wheel, assume every driver is an idiot-anticipate they will do something stupid.This will keep you safe".I had forgotten this while driving in the UK( pretty much), but here...well I find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirmamac2 View Post
    Roundabouts...never seen such a silly driving.Just now: a lady driver on my right,me waits, she waits(no one on her right side), I wait some more. Someone comes on her right side, she goes... Or I get cut off by my left-peope not even looking my way.
    Oh, this is so very true. In a town full of roundabouts (no traffic lights though!), this is a regular occurance. Along with the driver's who expect they'll have the right-of-way and don't pause to look before entering the roundabout!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast