Thread: Is New Zealand a country to build a career as an engineer?

Default Is New Zealand a country to build a career as an engineer?

Hi all.

My name is Konstantinos, I am 23 years old and I am from Greece. Most of you know about the financial problem in Greece and European Union, so I am looking for a country to continue my life.

I am studying Electrical and Computer Engineer in Greece and I am in fifth year which is the last year.

My question is:

Is New Zealand a country to build a career as an engineer?

Thank you.

Hi Konstantinos and welcome !

I'm engineer and recently arrived to NZ .
    I think I can give you some updated engineering employment market overview so contact me by private message.

Good luck !!!

Thanks bialikma.

I can't send private message. I do not know. Maybe because I am a new member and I have only 3 posts.

But if you want to help me my email is - and my skype -.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Control; 27th May 2011 at 01:23 AM.

I've sent you email

You will be able to send and receive PMs when you have made five posts on the threads.

Hi Bialkima,

I also need some info regarding job opportunities in NZ.. I am Arun, from India. I am planning to do my MS from NZ and to continue my career in NZ. Please provide me some information regarding probability of getting job after completing MS in Computer science / Software engineering in NZ. My email id is arunkumar2410@gmail.com.
    Thanks in advance.

As per new projects startup and statistics from hiring agencies, NZ would be in high needs by this year. A large work force is foreseen for Christchurch rebuild. Yesterday newspaper highlight another project kickstart building a new motorway link where 2.5 km underground.... so these are highlights I believe asking for more work force..

However at the same time there are ppl still hunting for jobs already in NZ.

You can gather such information for satisfaction but do take action if you want to explore and take challenge to arrive NZ.
    In my case I have been waiting for my trun for ~6months... so this is as it is everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by saqib78 View Post
    As per new projects startup and statistics from hiring agencies, NZ would be in high needs by this year. A large work force is foreseen for Christchurch rebuild. Yesterday newspaper highlight another project kickstart building a new motorway link where 2.5 km underground.... so these are highlights I believe asking for more work force..

However at the same time there are ppl still hunting for jobs already in NZ.

You can gather such information for satisfaction but do take action if you want to explore and take challenge to arrive NZ.
    In my case I have been waiting for my trun for ~6months... so this is as it is everywhere!
    Saqib78,
    Looking for the job 6 months means the market is low , really low !
    It's not like this in most of the OECD countries and New Zealand is part of them , so they are some expectation from it's economy that are not met so far by local market.
    As for Christchurch rebuild -it's a bluff . Nothing is going on there and probably will not start untill Australian insurance companies will deliver money for the projects. Most of the works there just announced but not financed and far from the start.
    Even demolition works of buildings damaged by earthquake are moving too slow.
    I'm agree with you that coming to this Paradise one should consider supporting funds for at least 6 months, but it's abnormal in terms of job market. So if there are better options -explore them first.