Thread: Code Share flight:

Default Code Share flight:

Dear All,

probably been answered before, but always good to get others experiences.

We are flying with Virgin and Air NZ, Virgin being our first leg out of London and Air NZ the rest of the way. We are both planning on taking an extra bag each, which we know we will have to pay for. The question is, do we just have to pay the once to Virgin, or will we also be made to pay Air NZ too??

I'm hoping that it is just the once to Virgin as they are in a code share with Air NZ now.

Any info or previous experiences will be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by hunty1980 View Post
    Dear All,

probably been answered before, but always good to get others experiences.

We are flying with Virgin and Air NZ, Virgin being our first leg out of London and Air NZ the rest of the way. We are both planning on taking an extra bag each, which we know we will have to pay for. The question is, do we just have to pay the once to Virgin, or will we also be made to pay Air NZ too??

I'm hoping that it is just the once to Virgin as they are in a code share with Air NZ now.

Any info or previous experiences will be greatly appreciated.
    Hiya we've flown with Virgin to LA and onto AKL (we were actually allowed more than the standard 23kg though)!! Your extra bag will be checked to your final destination with the ticket. We have encountered issues checking extra bags on Air NZ domestic connections in the past though, as it's a separate flight (the initial flight ticket terminating at Auckland)

Note that if you are stopping over (i.e. a connection with a break of more than 24 hours) then you definitely will need to pay excess baggage charges for each leg of the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by RollsRoyce View Post
    Note that if you are stopping over (i.e. a connection with a break of more than 24 hours) then you definitely will need to pay excess baggage charges for each leg of the trip.
    Yes sorry, our flight only had a few hours in transit!

We are flying via Shanghai so we won't get that extra allowance that you do going via LA. We have a stop in Auckland before finally reaching Wellington. I'm hoping that they can just check our bags all the way through.