Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ntsc flat screens, worth to bring?

Default Ntsc flat screens, worth to bring?

Is worh to bring to 2 flat screens, both made in mexico and used in chile, so presume ntsc. Been nz pal. Saw hdmi pal- ntsc converters for nzd 100.

Where to buy in auckland?

PLease do a search - As you can imagine this (and some of the other questions) have been asked before as you're not the first person moving to NZ from an area of 110v ntsc.

Im not from the usa.thats why asking.. Here is ntsc 240 v. Converter aprox nzd150 . All my accesories works directly ntsc. Xbox, dvd recorders, etc... So if multi signal tv ( sony preferable available in nz) dont know buying is the option

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_thor View Post
    Im not from the usa.thats why asking.. Here is ntsc 240 v. Converter aprox nzd150 . All my accesories works directly ntsc. Xbox, dvd recorders, etc... So if multi signal tv ( sony preferable available in nz) dont know buying is the option
    What models do you have?

Ian

Sony bravia kdl-32s5100 and kdl-40s3000. Made in mexico.
    Dont know if multi norm. But used in chile (ntsc at 220v)

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    PLease do a search - As you can imagine this (and some of the other questions) have been asked before as you're not the first person moving to NZ from an area of 110v ntsc.
    Please resist telling new folks to "do a search"- just as well to shut down the forum if that's the attitude. Sometimes new folk aren't that confident navigating the search facility and sometimes their English might be a barrier to getting good results, whatever- if you don't know the answer you have the choice to just post nothing, rather than something slightly dismissive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    Please resist telling new folks to "do a search"- just as well to shut down the forum if that's the attitude. Sometimes new folk aren't that confident navigating the search facility and sometimes their English might be a barrier to getting good results, whatever- if you don't know the answer you have the choice to just post nothing, rather than something slightly dismissive.
    No. There is a massive thread with loads of details that cover all eventualities. There is no way that I, or Ian who posted most of that info, or many of the others that posted on that want to repost that ever 4 days.

I could equally point out that you should have gotten up earlier to post a reply, or that you post here was not helpful either, indeed even less helpful than mine as it comtained nothing which assisted the OP.

As per the 'rules' then please feel free to PM me if you have a problem, not attack me on 2 separate threads.

Duncan, I'm not attacking you- I just feel your post was unwarranted and unfriendly. If you know of a helpful thread (I don't) then why not link to it?

I brought a Canadian NTSC Plasma over to NZ, works fine with stepdown transformer. However I/You will need a PAL to NTSC converter (this is the one I am considering) for SkyTV (satellite) or any other form of TV signal they have here (in NZ). Unless the TV you bring has a PAL B tuner in it.

But I don't know yet what happens when HDMI connection is used from a HD SKYTV STB. Some say with HDMI no converter box is required.

Pretty sure the xbox or dvd players etc you bring will work fine with the TV.
    Last edited by Addicted to NZ; 29th May 2011 at 09:38 PM.

Rather than have people fighting to jump in with the 'do a search' reply which really does get bloody annoying at times, could we not ask our lords and masters at ENZ to add a sticky or similar to the Welcome forum mentioning searching and perhaps how to use forum and Google search (other search engines are available) to your best advantage.
    For example in Google you use site:emigratenz.org in the search string it will only search this site.
    Minus signs before a term will exclude it so job -jobs will include threads with job but exclude any with jobs (including those with job so use carefully)
    Use "" for phrases e.g. "auckland rental" or words of non-English origin which Google assumes are typos and automatically 'corrects'.
    I have seen threads coming up on Google search results literally within minutes of posting so it is up to date and much better than the forum search engine which excludes terms if they are used too much - and are therefore popular and probably what you were actually looking for in the first place!

Simon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast