Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting medicals done in NZ

Default Getting medicals done in NZ

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone has any experience of getting their immigration medicals done in NZ?
    As we are coming on visitor visas we will be applying from NZ providing we can find work, so will probably get the medicals done there.

Thanks in advance

Helen

Quote Originally Posted by 5kings View Post
    I wondered if anyone has any experience of getting their immigration medicals done in NZ?
    Yes - what do you want to know? Perhaps I might be of assistance.

Pending any replies now, you might like to do a Search - this has been mentioned quite often in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Pending any replies now, you might like to do a Search - this has been mentioned quite often in the past.
    I did a search 'Medicals in New Zealand' and no matches. I did try, honest!

Quote Originally Posted by ralf-nz View Post
    Yes - what do you want to know? Perhaps I might be of assistance.
    I understand you can go to any doctor, would you be so kind to give me a rough idea of price please? And is it a quick turnaround from medical to results?

Thanks in advance

Helen

I understand you can go to any doctor, would you be so kind to give me a rough idea of price please? And is it a quick turnaround from medical to results?

Thanks in advance

Helen
    We paid NZ$500 total for 2 adults and 2 children plus $90 per adult for x-rays and $90 per adult for blood tests. Not every GP in NZ offers the service but we had more choice of locations in our area (North Shore, Auckland) than in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by norma View Post
    We paid NZ$500 total for 2 adults and 2 children plus $90 per adult for x-rays and $90 per adult for blood tests. Not every GP in NZ offers the service but we had more choice of locations in our area (North Shore, Auckland) than in the UK.
    Thank you very much! That is really helpful!

I did a search 'Medicals in New Zealand' and no matches. I did try, honest!
    They are there, honest!

This is the result from a Google Advanced search (site:emigratenz.org "medical in NZ"), and here are all the old mentions I was thinking of. http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...&aqi=&aql=&oq=

In case you didn't know, Google is often a more sensitive search-engine than the site's own. Telling it site:emigratenz.org first means it only searches our site, then putting a term within double quotes means it looks for that string of words, not just the individual words separately.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    They are there, honest!

This is the result from a Google Advanced search (site:emigratenz.org "medical in NZ"), and here are all the old mentions I was thinking of. http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...&aqi=&aql=&oq=

In case you didn't know, Google is often a more sensitive search-engine than the site's own. Telling it site:emigratenz.org first means it only searches our site, then putting a term within double quotes means it looks for that string of words, not just the individual words separately.
    OK thanks, will use good old google next time. Anyway, I know what I need now so that's fine!

Helen

Thanks in advance

Helen
    INZ's website provides this result when searching for 'New Zealand':
    'Panel Doctors
    Country: New Zealand Hours: Any New Zealand doctor or radiologist can be used if the applicant is in New Zealand.
    Type: Doctor/Radiologist '

Prices per adult are around 200 for GP and 100 each for blood and xray; incl. GST.

Turnaround is generally quite quick I would say; it is about a week or a couple of days more. It depends on the the time of the year how quick you get appointments. Avoid summer holiday season and semester starts at varsities etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast